Do you have a passion for public service and a background in traffic analysis and operations? Join team ODOT as a traffic operations specialist! In this position, you will support our Region 4 Traffic Section on design, investigations, analysis and planning. If you like exciting work and want to help us to keep Oregon’s roads safe, apply today!
The goal of this recruitment is to fill this position at an associate in engineering 2 level. However, we encourage candidates who meet the minimum qualifications for an associate in engineering 1 ($4,075 – $6,264) to apply, as we may consider under-filling the position until the selected candidate meets the minimum qualifications for an associate in engineering 2. Under-fill training will not exceed three years.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- Develop and install traffic signal timing and monitor performance of traffic signal systems.
- Conduct traffic operation investigations and analysis.
- Analyze solution options using software or resources such as Synchro, Vissim, Sidra, Highway Capacity Manual and the Highway Safety Manual.
- Investigate and make recommendations for traffic operations conditions and concerns.
- Prepare reports on traffic data analysis and findings.
- Create design plans and prepare estimates for traffic signal, illumination, permanent signs and pavement markings.
- Maintain records for traffic control devices.
- This position primarily works in an office environment.
- Expect to work outdoors, including in inclement weather and in heavy traffic conditions, about 20% of the time.
- Statewide travel is occasionally required.
What’s in it for you:
- Work/life balance, 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
- Live, work and play in Bend, Oregon!
What we need:
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam AND one year of experience applying professional engineering theory, principles and methods.
What we need for the associate in engineering 1 underfill option:
A bachelor’s degree in civil or transportation-related engineering
Completion of and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward! You do not need to have all of these qualities to be eligible for this position.
- Knowledge of traffic engineering, traffic operations and traffic design (signs, signals, illumination, striping) principles.
- Experience using traffic engineering software applications to evaluate intersection treatments such as traffic signals and roundabouts.
- Experience preparing construction specifications and estimates.
- Preference will be given to candidates with computer aided drafting and design using Microstation and InRoads.
Learn more and apply!
This position closes at 11:59 PM on 3/2/2021.
Click here to learn more and apply! Please note that we can only accept applications through our website.
Questions? Call 503-931-1206 or email odotrecruitmentLB@odot.state.or.us
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer