OREGON YOUTH AUTHORITY
HEALTH CLINIC OFFICE SPECIALIST 2
Woodburn, Oregon – MACLAREN YOUTH CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Bring Your Clerical Skills to OYA!
The Oregon Youth Authority (OYA) is seeking a Clinic Support Specialist to perform secretarial and support functions for the Medical Clinic of the MacLaren Youth Correctional facility located in Woodburn, Oregon.
The Oregon Youth Authority (OYA) is a national leader in the juvenile justice field, pioneering the implementation of a positive human development framework for its work with staff and youth, and using data to match the right youth with the right services. We seek to foster cultural competence and pursue equitable solutions to support youth under our care. Our agency mission is to protect the public and reduce crime by holding youth accountable and providing opportunities for reformation in safe environments.
If you are looking to join a team that values individual and cultural differences and the opportunity to contribute in the success of youth reformation by enriching our workforce with diversity, OYA wants to hear from you!
People of color, women and other members of historically underserved communities are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Multiple positions: We may use this recruitment to fill multiple vacancies.
- Representation: This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU/OPEU).
Your Role As The Office Specialist
- Maintain medical files of youth and ensure confidentiality of records.
- Screen and route incoming phone calls.
- Provided friendly and professional customer service to youth, families and official visitors while scheduling appointments and retrieving property.
- Assist in processing of client billings.
- Ordered office supplies and monitored office equipment state of maintenance.
- Operate computers and software programs including the Juvenile Justice Information System, EPIC.
- Coordinate and arrange transportation of youth for on-campus appointments for Family Practice Physician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist, Psychology Resident, Psychology Interns, Dentist and Nursing staff.
- MacLaren is a tobacco free environment.
- Daily/weekly deadlines; heavy workload; use of computers, printers, fax machines and copiers; and noise from equipment such as computers, printers, and copiers, etc.
- Daily contact with youth who may exhibit hostile, assaultive behavior. This position is located in a close custody facility which requires, as a primary responsibility, strict adherence by each employee to security measures at all times to assure the custody, control and supervision of youth. May be subject to a hostage situation.
What’s in it for You?
OYA values our employees. We believe that your time outside of the office is as valuable as it is inside the office. Most positions offer a great work/life balance with flexible work schedules, telecommuting, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family. Our employee share percent for our medical plans is only 1% or 5% – depending on the plan you choose.
- Sick leave earned at the rate of 8 hours per a month with no maximum accumulation.
- Vacation leave earned at 8 hours per month with the ability to roll over unused time across fiscal years with accrual rate increases at 5-year increments.
- 24 hours personal leave earned each fiscal year.
- We also offer our employees optional benefits ranging from life insurance to short and long-term disability to flexible spending accounts.
- A pension plan and an opportunity to defer pre-tax earnings for retirement, health care deductibles, childcare, and transportation.
- Grow your career with us – we offer unlimited growth potential in a variety of disciplines.
These benefits are just the beginning, click here to visit our full benefits website.
Discover more about working in Oregon state government by clicking here.
What You Need To Qualify:
Two years of general clerical experience, one year of which included typing, word processing, or other experience generating documents; OR
An Associate’s degree; OR
Graduation from a private school of business with a certificate AND one year of general clerical experience.
DESIRED ATTRIBUTES/APPLICATION SCORING CRITERIA: In addition to your related work experience and education, we will use the attributes below to determine whom to interview.
- Knowledge and/or experience with the Juvenile Justice Information System (JJIS).
- Knowledge and/or experience with electronic health management system EPIC.
- Excellent customer service skills when corresponding via electronic mail, in person, and/or phone.
- Data entry experience.
- Experience with record management.
How To Apply:
Please go to oregonjobs.org and search job number REQ-58261 or click here.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we are here to serve. OYA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be individualized based on merit, competence, performance, and business need.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.” The more diverse we are, the better our work will be.