OrthoVirginia, Virginia’s largest provider of expert orthopedic and therapy care, is currently seeking a full-time, experienced Business Process Analyst to join our team! Along with a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, our outstanding employment package includes: competitive salaries, excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off (PTO), a generous 401k incentive plan, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a company-wide wellness program. This position can be based in any OrthoVirginia office/ region.
The Business Process Analyst plays a crucial role in defining, designing, gathering, creating, validating and reporting various information supporting the business. The Analyst performs in-depth evaluations and verifications of data to support the metrics that measure the success of processes, departments, line of businesses and the organization. The Analyst will also network with business leaders and other Analysts to identify trends, insights and opportunities, collaborate on workflows, and assist with implementing solutions. The Business Process Analyst will be assigned a primary department to support within the organization, with the ability to support the entire organization as needed.
Primary Functions & Accountabilities
- Conducts data mining across multiple internal systems and tools to identify actionable trends and patterns; conducts ad-hoc data mining and analysis based on leadership requests.
- Creates and documents process workflows; partners with the business leaders, subject matter experts and project management team to develop and revise workflows.
- Works with leadership to identify improvement needs, partners with the project management team to implement solutions and establishes KPIs to measure the effectiveness of business decisions.
- Analyzes costs and production activities to provide business insight for potential cost reductions, process improvements and strategic decision-making; Communicates to the business how associated activities and their costs link to the organization’s overall financial health.
- Creates presentations and reports for leadership and physicians.
- Assists in developing dashboards, self-service reports and analytics tools for leadership and employees across the organization.
- Partners with leadership by serving on workgroups for projects and initiatives across the organization.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent analytic skills with the aptitude to identify anomalies within large data sets, recognize trends and draw conclusions
- Proficiency with Analytic and Data Visualization products (Excel, Power BI, Tableau, Visio, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly and concisely express ideas both verbally and in writing
- Knowledge of physician, insurance and managed care billing procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, economics, healthcare, finance, math or a related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- 2+ years of experience in analytics (business, data, finance) and process improvement with working knowledge of SQL required
- Some travel to regional offices and offsite meetings will be required
- Epic certification must be obtained within 12 months of hire with ongoing recertification required