The primary function of this position is delivery of engineering designs for substation capital construction and modification projects. Applies prescribed methods and standard practices in performing specific tasks within projects and assists other engineering staff on more complex projects. Develops engineering studies, plans, specifications, calculations, evaluations, substation design documents, and performance assessments associated with the planning, design, licensing, construction, operation, and maintenance of the Company’s generation, transmission, distribution, telecommunication, or other utility facilities/systems.
- Analyze the system design, programming, and modification.
- Develop moderately complex studies of limited scope and prepare data for cost estimations and analyses.
- Complete specifications and evaluate equipment supplier designs for substation and material acquisition.
- Complete substation engineering designs including the physical and wiring designs.
- Work collaboratively with other engineering disciplines to deliver complete project designs by the required due date to meet capital and maintenance budget requirements
- Run equipment and performance tests and install and inspect new equipment.
- Conduct site inspections to ensure adherence to engineering standards.
- Develop project delivery schedules and complete capital project scopes
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited college/university.
- Basic knowledge and application of principles in area of engineering specialty.
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations (if required for the position).
- Ability to interact favorably with project and work teams.
- Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers and automated tools.