Who We Are: Panasonic Avionics takes entertainment to new heights. We’re the world’s leading supplier of (IFEC) inflight entertainment and communications systems that allow airborne passengers to get their fix of live TV, movies, music, interactive games, maps, and much more! We make traveling on airplanes more exciting!
What We Value:
As an organization, we value people who are motivated and driven. We value a collaborative work environment that enhances careers and positively impacts society. We value our diverse work culture committed to delivering products and achieving high results. Seeing our products bring delight to others is just one way we measure success.
Why You Should Join:
A job is only part of what we offer. See how you can flourish in a career while getting the support and resources from some of the most talented people in the industry. You will work on technology that makes traveling the world that much better. Lastly, you will be rewarded with world class benefits and competitive wages. Come aboard, we’ve been expecting you!
We are currently working remotely until the end of 2021 and will offer a hybrid/remote work schedule once we return to our new offices in Irvine.
Manage and lead the operations of a streamlined network and infrastructure service group within the IT Network Operations. Accountable for all facets of network operations & infrastructure, including purchasing and implementing hardware, software, and support. Responsible for creation and execution of the annual network operations & infrastructure budget. Develop policies and procedures and best practices that balance business and technical priorities to provide consistent, high-quality services. Lead an organization including staff, contractors, and vendors. This position reports to the Global IT Director of Operations and supervises the U.S. and regional IT Network Operations staff to ensure prompt delivery of network infrastructure and services to business units inside and outside the U.S. Establish metrics and measure continuous improvement, focusing on enhancements result in improved efficiency and cost reductions.
- Manage and lead network operations & infrastructure teams within established budget. Responsible for IT infrastructure (on-premises and cloud) governance and compliance including ISM, ISO27001, SOX and Panasonic group IS compliance. Represent and report operations and services to Panasonic Corporate groups, internal and external auditors and other external parties.
- Establish and maintain strong, working relationships with business units to anticipate, plan and solve their needs. Keep abreast of emerging hardware/operating system/desktop applications technologies and evaluate and recommend as needed. Define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations with key stakeholders.
- Analyze existing operations and make recommendations to Director of IT Operations for the improvement and growth of the network infrastructure and IT systems. Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and systems.
- Manage and report on operations-related projects and schedules and deliver within the required timeframes.
- Report on a scheduled basis status to department management and executive staff. Establish service level agreements and customer satisfaction surveys, where applicable, with other business managers within the department or company.
- Strong understanding of/demonstrated proficiency in:
- Azure and AWS services
- Knowledge and experience in configuring M365 security, O365/Exchange Online, MDM, Teams, and other supporting Azure services • Emphasis on email management, hygiene, routing, and migrations
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Security technologies common in a global networked environment
- Wide Area Network and unified communication technologies
- Server consolidation/virtualization
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Azure CLI, Linux, Terraform, YAML, Ansible, VMWare
- DevOps concepts, Gitlab knowledge is preferred
- Experience with migrations to Azure Cloud
- Experience in administration of MySQL, Postgres, Azure Cosmos.
- Container platforms and tools, Azure Container Service.
- Azure Networking, Azure Virtual Networks, ExpressRoute
- Identity Management, Azure AD, Azure network security groups and ACLs
- Cloud monitoring Experience with Azure
- Demonstrated solid understanding of IT network operations and service delivery in globally dispersed locations is mandatory.
- Experience successfully managing and delivering full migration projects across multiple hardware platforms with a globally dispersed customer base.
- Experience in leading a shared service/support environment supporting multiple, diverse business units.
- Ability to develop, implement and present IT projects using strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to lead people, promote teamwork and maintain a good rapport with end users.
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel in a professional manner and maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism under pressure.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills for problem identification and solution recommendations and their effects on existing systems.
- Work on issues of diverse scope where analysis of data requires a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Manage, perhaps through subordinate supervisors, the coordination of the activities of a section or department with responsibility for results, including costs, methods and staffing.
- Demonstrated understanding of cultural differences and geographical constraints.
- Proficient in recruiting, leading and mentoring employees
- Keen attention to detail
- Bachelor of Science in computer science, management information systems, mathematics, or related field is preferred; or a demonstrated 5+ years equivalent work-experience in leading a network operations service and support team.
- 5 years employee management experience
- 5 years experience of managing and delivering multiple, hardware/software IT projects in various parts of the world.
- 3 years experience of negotiation and management of hardware/software vendors and suppliers
- ITIL Service Management qualification is strongly desired.
- May require travel of up to 25%, both domestic and internationally.
- On-call availability for 24/7/365
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
- Capable of lifting 10 pounds.
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are required to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses, we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North America.