With Parry Labs, you will discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you exploring your dreams from the day you start. Build your future and define your career today with Parry Labs. This position is in Huntsville, AL and requires travel.
Junior Software Engineer
Rec. ID: 70002
Location: Huntsville, AL
US Citizenship Required: Yes
Travel: Up to 25%
This position is for a Junior Software Engineer that can be part of a cross functional team in developing hardware and software in support of DoD UAS operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
Development processes and software programming. Knowledge in an Agile development process and continuous integration is required for company projects. Interface with customers. Assist with software requirements, create design artifacts, develop & document code, and create software unit tests & system tests. Develop software interfaces and document the corresponding interface control documentation. Collaborate with both internal and external teams (developers, system integrators, system testers, and system requirements engineers) to support delivery of quality design products. Assist in producing software artifacts (e.g. software development plan, software design document, software version description, interface control document and configuration management plan). Create UML Diagrams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science engineering or related STEM field. Will consider years of related experience in lieu of degree.
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Multi-tasking aptitude
- Proactive problem solver
- Proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- US Citizen
- Up to 25% travel
- Written and oral communication skills
- Capable of troubleshooting multi-platform systems
- Excellent coding skills with knowledge in C/C++ and Java. Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Design and Programming.
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Experience with JIRA or similar Agile management tools
- Experience with client server architectures
- Understand and debug TCP and UDP packets
- Experience in Linux environments
- Experience with virtualization, containers, messaging techniques and associated software