We have an opening for an Intern, Business Development (Research) in our New York office.
The work shift for this position will be 30 hours per week.
The Research Intern will work with the Research Supervisor to provide business development research support and other projects from the Business Development team as needed.
In this capacity, the Intern will:
- Assist with the execution of business development research and analysis requests from across the Americas, Asia, and Europe;
- Compile business and news research on current and potential clients using tools such as Lexis, CapitalIQ, Lex Machina and D&B Hoovers/One Source;
- Research and prepare biographies of current and potential clients;
- Conduct initial investigative research for potential litigation matters;
- Analyze court dockets and market deals for data used in pitches and proposals;
- Conduct initial evaluations of new research tools, technologies, and offerings; and
- Complete additional related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required (emphasis in research, law or business preferred); MLS/MLIS, JD or MBA (or candidate) (preferred);
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Research skills and proficiency in resources and databases employed by global law firms;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to prioritize multiple projects;
- Highly resourceful team player, with the ability to drive results with minimal direction; and
- Strong client service.
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.