We are accepting applications for our year-round 2022 Engineering Internship Program in multiple Districts.
As an Intern student you will be given similar responsibilities as a full-time, entry-level Field Engineer, so you are able to experience what a career will be like in project management, field supervision, or estimating. You will be assigned to a project and project team that matches your knowledge and experience and you will be involved in several aspects of the project. We will designate a mentor for you who will be available to you for the duration of the internship/co-op. You will also have the opportunity to participate in company events and community volunteer opportunities.
Here’s how a Field Engineer Intern for our multiple Districts can contribute to the team:
- Assist Field/Project Engineers, Project Managers, and Superintendents
- Conduct safety audits and quality audits
- Read and understand drawings and specifications
- Log submittals, process RFI’s and prepare reports
- Assist with surveying and project layout
- Maintain and update field drawings, field equipment and records
- Assist with coordinating subcontractors, vendors and field staff
- Coordinate material deliveries and documentation
- Attend relevant project meetings
- Prepare memos, letters, meeting minutes, contracts, and other forms and documents
- Assist with project documentation requirements
- Assist with estimating and soliciting subcontractors and/or suppliers for information and pricing
- Other duties as assigned
What you will bring to the role:
- Currently enrolled as a full-time student pursuing a degree relevant to the construction industry such as construction management, construction engineering, construction technology or Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- A desire to pursue a career in the construction industry
- Available to work full time from May to August
- Willing to temporarily relocate to project locations
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States
- 18 years of age or older and possess a valid Driver’s License
- Employment with PCL is contingent upon passing a substance abuse test conducted by a third party
PCL is an innovative, employee-owned company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work every day. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The salary range for this position is between $18 and $24 an hour, based on experience and qualifications.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let’s get started!