Full Time – Field Service Engineer – San Antonio TX
Are you interested in a Full Time opportunity with Philips? We welcome individuals who are currently pursuing (or have recently completed) an undergraduate (BS) degree to apply to our Field Service Engineer openings at our sites across the US. Through these roles you will gain meaningful, hands-on experience in engineering for a HealthTech company.
In this role, you have the opportunity to
Learn how to provide an outstanding customer experience, become a viable team member and quickly get up to speed with technical expertise. The FSE will learn to work independently as well as in a team environment while under direct supervision.
You are responsible for
- Work to learn, and establish rapport with customers.
- Provide appropriate, timely, and regular communications to customer and internal key stakeholders regarding customer and equipment issues.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency to identify and assist in identification and resolution of customer issues. Follow the appropriate escalation process.
- Provide exceptional customer service by adhering to customer entitlements, setting clear expectations, meeting commitments and arrival times. Begins to gain understanding of customer’s business and competitive environment.
- Generate revenue growth by offering solutions aligned with service portfolio.
- Adopts best practices.
- Proactively schedules activities & makes him/herself available to assist others.
- Seeks out opportunities to increase capability and capacity (i.e. may be required to become qualified in multiple modalities, learns new tools).
- Actively participates as a member of regional work team.
- Operate under the required knowledge of State and Federal regulatory requirements. Adheres to established training, quality, and safety requirements.
- Manages company assets effectively in accordance with established Philips processes and guidelines including labor time, parts ordering and returns, tools and test equipment calibration, purchase orders, equipment, company vehicles, business expenditures, etc.
- Performs all administrative duties within established Philips and regulatory timeframes including timesheets, service work orders, expense reports, Field Change Orders, preventative maintenance, installation documents, site and service documentation, and other related paperwork.
- Must be qualified and perform work in at least one modality.
- May be asked to become qualified in and perform work in multiple modalities.
- Maintains knowledge of technical advances and current industry trends.
- Seeks out formal and informal training opportunities.
- Assist in service call process and progress to the ability to resolve customer issues independently.
- Assist in the completion of PMs and FCOs and progress to successfully completing all related tasks independently.
- Assist in the diagnosis and resolution of electronic, network, and mechanical problems with minimal assistance.
- Utilize tools, support, resources and escalation processes within required time frames to resolve customer and system problems timely and effectively.
- May be asked to perform service work remotely providing telephone, remote technical support, and remote diagnostics to external healthcare customers and field partners in order to resolve customer equipment issues and initiate escalation, if appropriate.