The Procurement Specialist is responsible for managing supply chain and leading the purchasing process. The Procurement Specialist will work closely with the engineering and program management teams to understand product manufacturing needs and with vendors to ensure high quality parts are delivered on time.
· Develop cost-effective procurement strategies that yield high-quality parts.
· Source, engage, and monitor vendors.
· Negotiate with vendors to secure advantageous terms.
· Ensure on-time delivery of orders.
· Build and maintain long-term relationships with vendors across multiple manufacturing sectors.
· Prepare purchase orders, manage delivery priorities, and confirm delivery of goods and services.
· Control the procurement budget with intent to maximize procurement value.
· Brief company leadership on critical procurement issues.
· Work with engineering teams and project managers to assess procurement risk then provide actionable solutions to meet company goals.
· Maintain day-to-day vendor relationships; act as the lead point of contact.
· Support engineering teams in design-for-manufacturing efforts.
· Actively develop new vendor relationships, including those with cutting-edge manufacturing techniques.
· Travel: Up to 20% domestic travel required to meet with vendors and attend trade shows.
· Prior experience (ideally 2+ years) procuring or manufacturing of products comprising multiple materials.
· Strong technical background with knowledge of manufacturing processes and mechanical engineering fundamentals; prior experience with CNC machining, metal stamping, forging, die casting, plastic injection and compression molding is highly desirable.
· Experience building and maintaining relationships with a variety of vendors across industries.
· Attention to detail and ability to effectively manage complexity.
· Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt, improvise and problem solve.
· Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects with various stakeholders with proper guidance of a team manager.
· Strong interest in manufacturing.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering (or similar), Supply Chain Management or MBA.
· Desired: familiarity with DFARS and similar acquisition requirements
Contact: Email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org