INSPIRED.COMMITTED.CONNECTED. These are the qualities of our work and of the people who do it. If these qualities are part of your life, too, you’ll want to explore a career at Plow & Hearth. As part of our innovative, can-do team, you’ll have the chance to realize your full potential through a wide range of challenging engineering assignments. We continue to strengthen our commitment to provide a work environment and culture that stimulates creativity, values integrity and encourages professional growth. This is an entry level position and the successful candidate should be a commutable distance from the distribution center located in Madison, Virginia. This role may also serve as an internship opportunity as well. Full-time but may be able to accommodate part-time as well.
If you believe you are ready to be challenged and are:
- You are one of the most productive people you know
- You think holistically about the engineering problem at hand and like to apply “what-if” scenarios
- You understand and embrace the real meaning of being a team player
- You are committed to getting a job done right the first time
- Problem-solving comes second-nature to you
Principle Duties & Responsibilities The statements below are intended to describe the general nature and level of work in this position. The position may require that employees perform other duties as assigned.
- Perform Time studies and analysis in developing production standards
- Utilize lean manufacturing techniques
- Review existing production layouts
- Streamline logistics (Raw material) flow across all Production units
- Assist in sustaining recently improved processes
- Time and Motion studies
- Ability to evaluate and recommend product position and slotting for maximum efficiency
- Must be willing to execute multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Proficiency: Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio
- Good communication skills; verbal, written and able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Must be detail oriented, team player, flexible and self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
ABOUT PLOW & HEARTH Founded as a small country store in 1980, Plow & Hearth has grown into a leading retailer of products for the home, hearth, yard, and garden. We are a successful omni-channel retailer who constantly looks for opportunity to grow our business. We attribute our success to these principles that include honesty, integrity and most importantly, our commitment to customer service. We know that our success is contingent on the hard work put in by our team of knowledgeable employees.