Plurus Strategies, LLC
Plurus Strategies, LLC, is a Washington, D.C.,-based boutique multi-issue government relations firm aimed at providing more for our clients: more intelligence, strategies, access, advocacy, and expertise. Plurus represents a broad set of public and private corporations and trade associations on a wide variety of issues before the federal government.
Plurus is currently accepting applications for its internship program from energetic, detail-oriented students with an interest in politics, government, advocacy, or law.
Our interns support the firm’s government relations activities by:
- covering congressional hearings;
- tracking legislation;
- updating congressional and agency staff contact lists;
- monitoring presidential and congressional campaigns;
- drafting thought leadership pieces; and
- researching business development opportunities.
Throughout the semester, interns can expect to:
- gain practical work experience in public policy;
- develop a deeper understanding of lobbying;
- strengthen their resume;
- prepare for the job market; and
- network with professionals in Washington.
While this is an unpaid position, a stipend may be granted at the end of the semester contingent upon performance. Additionally, Plurus is happy to coordinate with interns’ university institutions to ensure students receive academic credit for this internship if applicable.
Applicants must be enrolled in a college or university and maintain a minimum 3.4 GPA. In light of ongoing federal and local guidance related to COVID-19, Plurus Strategies is seeking internship candidates who are comfortable working remotely to comply with firmwide teleworking policies.
Preference will be given to candidates who:
- have previous Capitol Hill or equivalent public policy internship experience;
- demonstrate familiarity with “inside the Beltway” publications and industry tools such as Politico, Bloomberg Government, Leadership Directories, Congress.gov, and the Lobbying Disclosure Act Database;
- express intrinsic interest and an eagerness to learn more about the legislative process and key policy areas, including the federal budget and appropriations, cybersecurity, defense and national security, energy and environment, financial services, healthcare, immigration, international affairs, tax policy, telecommunications, and transportation;
- are available at peak times of congressional activity on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays;
- are interested in exploring ways to support Plurus in strengthening its online and social media presence.
To maximize their internship experience, candidates should ideally be able to commit at least 15 to 20 hours week to Plurus beginning late August through mid-December. Upon successful completion of this internship, Plurus Strategies may consider extending the internship into the spring semester.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION
Interested applicants should email a current resume along with a cover letter, 3–5-page writing sample, and fall availability to Amelia Cleary at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Please email documents as a single PDF.
Plurus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Students from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply and learn with us.