The Water Reclamation Operator will work alongside the Water Reclamation Manager and as part of the production team to support production efforts of the paper mill. The Water Reclamation Engineer will assist in all of the process waste water systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)-
The Water Reclamation Engineer’s primary responsibilities as part of the mill operational team include, but are not limited to:
- Maintaining safety standards in and around the Waste Water Facility
- Maintaining chemical inventories
- Maintaining chemical delivery systems
- Determining, reporting and optimizing costs
- Performing process control laboratory analyses
- Collecting and tracking compliance samples and equipment
- Maintaining process control and permit compliance data
- Interface with E&I and maintenance departments to insure proper corrective and preventative maintenance is performed on all equipment
- Monitoring, maintaining and reporting Air and Water Permitting
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE-
The minimum educational requirements are Post-secondary educational degree (2 to 4 year degree from college, university, technical school, military, vocational or other advanced educational institution)
The preferred requirements are a four (4) year Bachelor of Science in Pulp and Paper Science, Chemical Engineering or Biology, or related field. Paper Mill experience is preferred.
The candidate must speak and write English at a college level.
The candidate must be able to understand and use simple conversions and algebraic formulas.
The candidate must be able to troubleshoot mechanical, chemical, and biological systems.
Microsoft Office Products
Computer Literacy Troubleshooting
Employee is regularly required to walk, talk, and hear
Employee is frequently required to stand, climb ladders, bend and kneel
The employee is occasionally required to sit
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Vision requirements include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
The Water Reclamation Facility is comprised of tanks and processes both outside and within a process control building. Laboratory facilities and computer work space are within the process control building. Work will be conducted both inside and outside, year round in all types of weather typical to this region.
Employee will be measured on the performance goals established by Water Reclamation Manager.