Prescient Edge is seeking an Information Security Intern to support a Federal government client. As an Information Security Intern, you will:
- Be responsible for analysis, coding, testing, documenting processes, and applications from detailed requirements.
- Participate in the preparation of specifications, developing software through delivering customer focused end items.
- Learn and gain real world experience from a world class organization while working closely with other developers to solve complex data challenges for the Government. Our primary focus is aviation platforms with external sensors for data collection and surveillance with opportunities in mobile and marine environments.
This internship is paid and will be located within 1-2 hours of the Washington D.C. area. Relocation assistance is not available, but travel will be required to support various development activities. The information security intern must be able and willing to work the required schedule with a minimum of 10-12 continuous weeks and at least 30 hours per week.
At Prescient Edge, we believe that acting with integrity and serving our employees is the key to everyone’s success. To that end, our internship program is intended to provide the individual with experience across multiple domains, work with innovative professionals, learn about the Government contracting industry, and gain work experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to apply security patches and STIGs to Linux and Windows-based systems
- Knowledge on running penetration IA scans with Nessus, Wireshark, SATAN, SAINT, Pentoo, Parrot Security OS, Backbox, or similar types of scans
- Knowledge of configuration of systems (Linux/Windows)
- Familiarity with cyber tools such as Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS)
- Familiarity with DoD systems is preferred