Under close technical and methodological supervision, this position will be responsible for assisting the IT/SCADA department members with developing and maintaining the SA’s Water and Wastewater Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) infrastructure, which includes SCADA HMI applications as well as IT network components. IT/SCADA supports several internal customers to include the Water/Wastewater Facilities (WWF) group and the Advanced Wastewater Reclamation Facility (AWRF).
Position Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
· Involved with all phases of control systems projects to include design, development, testing, integration, and startup of these systems.
· Assist with creating and modifying documentation of new and existing infrastructure.
· Assist with development of displays and programming of SCADA clients/servers.
· Work with contractors overseeing installation of communication systems.
· Working with PLC Function Block and other programming techniques to assist the SCADA group in modifying process control systems in support of the WWF and AWRF services group requests.
· Responds to internal staff and vendor inquiries concerning system hardware and software issues.
· Attending project meetings.
· Assist internal staff as necessary with SCADA related issues.
· Perform project activities as directed by staff in the IT/SCADA Division.
· Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Essential Skills and Experience:
· Meet deadlines, take initiative, and ask questions as needed.
· Demonstrate excellent teamwork and collaboration skills to engage with team members and stakeholders throughout the SA.
· Demonstrate excellent communication skills: listening, interpersonal, reporting, written and verbal.
· Possess ability to clearly convey technical information verbally and in writing.
· Clarify information and business requirements and needs for/with team members and/or SA stakeholders.
· Use creativity: provide non-standard ideas and solutions when brainstorming or to troubleshoot issues and challenges.
· Completion of at minimum sophomore year in college or higher-level education at an accredited college or university, studying Automation Engineering, Information Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
· Minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
· Or combination of education and experience as described above.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
· The ability to read and interpret electrical circuits and schematics.
· Basic programming experience with Visual Basic (VB) and Structured Query Language (SQL).
· Prior experience working with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Cisco networking components including switches and routers.
· Knowledge of or previous experience with Water and Wastewater industry practices and operations.
· Knowledge of common automation communication protocols such as Distributed Network Protocol 3 (DNP3) and Modbus.
· Knowledge of SCADA systems.