ProQuest – Who we are…
In classrooms, libraries and businesses worldwide, people are doing extraordinary things with help from ProQuest, a leader in research and educational technology, headquartered in Ann Arbor. Forbes has ranked ProQuest among America’s best mid-size employers, and with our Extraordinary Internship Program you can learn why!
With an Internship at ProQuest, you’ll have an opportunity to do meaningful work… work that Powers The Extraordinary research of all kinds – from arts and humanities to STEM to history.
Extraordinary Collegiate Internship – Technology
What will I be doing?
Based in Ann Arbor, our Extraordinary Internship Program provides students with a unique opportunity to focus on building expertise as they build and test ProQuest products. The Software Engineer Intern position offers hands-on technical experience as a key part of the development team responsible for the driving force behind ProQuest’s success. Our development teams are small, Agile focused groups where our interns will have regular access to seasoned experts and senior leadership. Students have the opportunity to work on projects that have high visibility throughout the company.
What makes this internship so Extraordinary? Upon successful completion of your internship, you will be evaluated for a full-time job offer to join ProQuest in a full time role after graduation!
In this position, you will also…
• Support product teams with software development, integration and test.
• Assist with software debug and understanding root cause and reproducibility.
• Provide test results and support engineers providing break/fix service.
• Develop procedures, processes and scripts to address business and product needs.
Reasons you should apply…
1. You’ll be working on projects and products that truly impact the business and researchers around the globe!
2. With an offer potentially waiting for you upon the successful completion of the internship, you’ll have the chance to “Test Drive” your future employer.
3. You’ll work in a welcoming, fun environment with a team who loves what they do.
This job may not be a fit if…
1. You’re not currently enrolled in school with plans to complete your Junior year by May of 2021.
2. You don’t have a passion for problems solving technical challenges.
3. A fast-paced environment with challenging deadlines doesn’t appeal to you for your professional aspirations.
Qualified Candidates must have…
• Completion of Junior Year coursework and planned graduation date of May 2022
• Minimum 3.0 GPA
• Engineering or Computer Science major or other related program
• Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
• Currently enrolled for classes at an accredited University
Other important information about this position:
• This position is based in our Ann Arbor, MI office location
• This position is 12 weeks (May-August) requires weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
• Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
• Forbes Ranked ProQuest as one of America’s top mid-size employers in 2018 & 2019
• We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning
• We hold fun on-site events
• Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
• We have a relaxed dress code… yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
• All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are passionate about technology and eager to develop your skills, please consider joining our talented team!!