Prudential: 2022 U.S. Insurance & Retirement Product Management Internship Program
Newark, NJ; Hartford, CT; Scranton, PA; Virtual
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
- Period 1: July 15, 2021 to September 1, 2021
- Period 2: September 1, 2021 to October 1, 2021
- Period 3: October 1, 2021 to November 1, 2021
All applications should be fully completed by November 1, 2021
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
Do you have a desire to analyze and solve business problems? Are you invigorated by finding creative ways to meet challenges? Or maybe you’re looking to gain foundational knowledge and skills to apply in a professional environment, while developing strong relationships through training, mentorship, and ongoing feedback. At Prudential that’s a challenge we can help you meet as a U.S. Insurance & Retirement Product Management Intern!
Prudential Financial (NYSE: PRU), an industry leader in financial services for more than 140 years, offers customers world-wide a variety of innovative solutions for growing and protecting wealth. With over $1.6 trillion assets under management and office presence in 20 countries across 5 continents, Prudential strives to service customers and create long-term value for stakeholders through strong ethics and business fundamentals. We provide a wide array of financial products and services, ranging from individual life insurance, retirement, and annuities to asset management. Prudential is a Fully Inclusive Workplace: At Prudential, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of every individual, and we work hard ensure to Prudential is a welcoming and rewarding place to work for people of all identities and backgrounds.
The U.S. Insurance & Retirement Businesses compromises of Annuities, Individual Life Insurance, Group Insurance, Retirement, and Retail Advice and Solutions which includes Prudential Advisors. These businesses provide a range of income, protection and advice offerings and are supported by the Enabling Solutions organization which is charged with enhancing and unifying the service experience for Prudential’s retail and institutional customers in the U.S.
Your Day to Day:
Placements will vary across the business, some experiences within our U.S. Insurance & Retirement Product Management Internship Program could include:
Group Insurance Product and Business Segments (Location: Virtual)
Prudential’s Group Insurance manufactures and distributes a full range of group life, long-term and short-term group disability, and group corporate, bank and trust owned life insurance in the U.S. primarily to institutional clients for use in connection with employer plans and affinity groups. The Group Insurance Product and Business Segments intern will work with Product Managers to implement cross functional projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide product support to different functional areas within the business that include the Distribution, Contracts and Marketing, and Capture groups
- Report out on key metrics related to product support
- Analyze competition, customer experience, economic and regulatory trends to help formulate strategic ideas for the P&L heads
Retirement Investment Pension Solutions (Location: Newark, NJ; Scranton, PA; Hartford, CT; Virtual)
Prudential Retirement’s Investment Pension Solutions (IPS) group supports a variety of investment and retirement products. The Retirement Investment Pension Solutions intern will have the opportunity to learn and participate in a rotation amongst the various product group offerings and work one-on-one with leadership on a variety of projects and opportunities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Potential opportunity to work, learn and participate in our Structured Settlements group and Stable Value fund team
- Gain experience with client management, pricing, and sales
- Work closely with the domestic and international risk transfer through the IPS Pension and Longevity Risk Transfer groups
Your Desired Skills:
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s program graduating between December 2022 and May 2024
- Open to all majors. Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
- Excellent work ethic and self-motivated
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Our Application Process:
1. Submit your application.
2. Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s).
3. Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
For 2022 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.