Radiant Earth Foundation’s core mission is to make insights from Earth observations and machine learning an order of magnitude more accessible for global non-profits, humanitarian organizations, emerging economy governments, and others. We are actively working to develop training datasets and models through an open-source hub, Radiant MLHub, that supports global missions like agriculture, conservation, and climate change. Radiant Earth also fosters a community of practice to develop standards around machine learning for Earth observation and provide information on the progress and innovation in the Earth observation marketplace.
In addition, we work with organizations on complex use cases with high-impact outcomes. Since our founding in 2016, we have worked with the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Omidyar Network, Schmidt Futures, McGovern Foundation, the World Bank, and more.
We are looking for a passionate intern to join our team to support the development of a transparent and ethical data ownership, sharing, and end-user licensing framework. Developing this framework is key for making these data available in compliance with national regulations and protecting privacy.
- Research and synthesize existing data ownership policies and frameworks across the geospatial sector
- Identify gaps in policies to enable publication and adoption of geospatial data
- Articulate the societal values of geospatial data publication and re-use
- Compile recommendations for transparent and ethical data licensing frameworks
- Pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree with majors focusing on information science, data policy, information technology licensing, social enterprise
- Interest in technology, especially data science, earth observation, machine learning
- Knowledge of the data science ecosystem, specifically data ethics and data licensing concepts
- Ability to collect, compile, and analyze industry research and use cases in order to draw meaningful conclusions and suggest future actions
- Experience with the development of policy recommendations
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Organized with strong attention to detail, time management and multitasking skills
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible work hours
Due to the restrictions implemented in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, you will be working with the team remotely.
To learn more about Radiant Earth Foundation visit www.radiant.earth.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All applications are considered confidential. Radiant Earth Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.