Backend Engineering Intern
RapidSOS is hiring! Join an advanced emergency technology start-up in transforming emergency response for hundreds of millions of people globally.
In partnership with public safety, RapidSOS has created the world’s first emergency response data platform that securely links life-saving data from 350M+ connected devices directly to 911 and first responders in an emergency.
Through the platform, we’re providing intelligent data that supports over 4,800 Emergency Communications Centers, protecting 90%+ of people in the US, across 150 million emergencies annually.
Partnering with innovative companies recognized as RapidSOS Ready, we’re striving to reach everyone. Together, we’re empowering a faster and smarter response by sending first responders critical data like your exact location, real-time health information, and crash data. We’re united in our commitment to a safer, stronger future where technology and people work seamlessly together to save lives.
RapidSOS is backed by top venture capital firms and the former C-suite of Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Virgin Group, Lucent, Raytheon, the FCC, Harvard Data Initiative, and MIT.
Video: RapidSOS 3-Min Summary Video
RapidSOS in last 20 months:
- Grew from 10k users to 350M
- Launched in multiple countries internationally
- Grew team 3x+
- Grew revenue 10x+
- Raised $89M ($150M+ in total)
- Managed 150m+ emergencies, saving over 6,000 lives
What this program is about:
RapidSOS’s Summer Internship program is a full-time, fully immersive internship program designed to complement your education with real-world experience. This program will allow you to take on projects at a rapidly growing start-up, working closely and cross-functionally with leaders throughout the company. This is an amazing opportunity to not only join a rising and dynamic startup but also make a measurable impact.
What this role is about:
We are looking for a talented software engineer to contribute to creating world-class emergency technology by building out and maintaining our complex backend. You’ll help develop complex backend business logic, RESTful APIs and telephony applications, with a focus on system reliability, scalability and security. Rigorous use of unit and integration test methodologies for new and existing system capabilities will also be a key to success in this role.
What We Offer:
- The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges globally
- Competitive compensation
- Dynamic, fun work environment with a highly talented team
- Flexible startup work environment and a fun atmosphere
What We’d Like to See in Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong Python experience
- Solid understanding of software design principles
- Excitement about creating a life-saving product with a fabulous team
- Solid understanding of asynchronous programming
- Experience in API development targeting Web based Applications
- Experience in development of highly-available cloud based services
- Experience with cloud-based providers (AWS)
- Comfortable working on the command line in a GNU/Linux environment
- Familiarity with Jira/Git/GitHub/AWS
- Familiarity with Python Web Frameworks (AIOHTTP, Tornado, Flask)
- Familiarity with web stacks (HTML/CSS/JS/Ajax/Websockets etc)
If you’re curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out our full press list!