DC-Based Part-time Internship: RealClearPolitics Sales & Marketing Team
RealClearPolitics (RCP) is an independent, non-partisan media company that is a trusted source for the best news, analysis and commentary. For 21 years, RealClearPolitics has covered all aspects of the U.S. political process including policy, elections and government.
RealClearPolitics is seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual in Washington, DC to join its Sales and Marketing Team as a part-time intern (20 hrs/week). This internship will provide training on all duties and will focus on digital advertising sales, marketing materials, virtual events logistics and project management, and advertising operations. This position is in-person in downtown Washington, DC. You must be in the DC area to apply.
• Identify new sales prospects and develop relationships with potential clients and agencies to generate new business
• Develop proposals and performance reports for clients and agencies
• Support the team in the creation of marketing materials such as media kits and sales sheets
• Help with virtual event logistics and project management
• Assist our digital advertising operations team with campaign management utilizing our ad server
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Recent college graduate, available for work immediately
• Live in the Washington, DC area
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Affinity for using technology and learning new skills
• Interest in interacting with clients to provide timely, consistent and accurate support
• Self-starter with the ability to execute quickly and efficiently, and to meet deadlines
• Goal driven, hard-working, positive attitude, strong work ethic
• Creativity, persistence and tenacity
• Willing to be a strong team player and to pitch in on other projects as needed
• Experience using Salesforce or other CRM to track accounts and sales activity
• Experience using Google Ad Manager or another ad server a plus
This hourly position is paid at $20/hr and offers a relaxed, friendly work environment. Note: This position is in-person in downtown Washington, DC. You must be in the DC area to apply. Candidates outside of DC will not be considered.
How to apply:
Send a resume and cover letter describing your relevant experience and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with this in the subject line: Application for Sales & Marketing Team Internship. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
RealClearPolitics is an Equal Opportunity Employer