Refugees International is seeking a talented individual to join their team as the Government Relations Intern. This intern will work closely with the Director of Government Relations/Senior Policy Advisor and the Government Relations Associate. Responsibilities will include researching topics related to the U.S. government and multilateral institutions, assisting with outreach and background materials for high-level briefings, remote attendance and readouts for virtual events and conferences, and compiling and disseminating policy/event updates.
The successful candidate will:
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in foreign affairs, public policy, or international development or have graduated within the past year with a degree in one of those fields;
- Have strong research and writing skills;
- Be passionate about Refugees International’s work and mission;
- Have demonstrated some familiarity with the U.S. Government (notably the State Department, the U.S. Agency for International Development, Congress) and relevant institutions, including the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR), the International Organization for Migration (IOM), and the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA);
- Have familiarity with the legislative process.
We are looking for a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week, Monday – Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (EST) to work remotely, with a minimum time commitment of 12 weeks starting January 2022. Please note that this position is unpaid, but we can help facilitate academic credit. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this position will be fully remote.