Reingold, a full-service marketing and communications firm is hiring a junior or mid-level visual experience (VX) designer, to work in proximity to either our headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia, or our satellite office in Raleigh, North Carolina. (Please note, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are fully remote at this time.) Join a growing team of digital experience professionals that is shaping the communication efforts of high-profile clients such as the NBA, NFL, U.S. Census Bureau, and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
The VX designer will be part of a team of web developers, user experience (UX) designers, and digital project managers. This position will be integral in executing both large and small web projects for a variety of clients. If you’re a designer who is passionate about making a difference and loves a creative challenge, this could be the perfect role for you.
You can expect to do the following work:
- Work as part of a highly skilled, multidisciplinary team using agile methodologies to deliver digital experiences for our clients — on time and within budget.
- Use visual communication skills and demonstrate a solid understanding of design principles (color, typography, imagery, and visual hierarchy) to create digital assets that meet client objectives and end users’ needs.
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of responsive web design, mobile design, and design systems.
- Work under the guidance of senior design team members to produce production-ready creative assets that align with project goals and timelines.
- Contribute to ideation sessions.
- Learn and work with a variety of tools, technologies, and platforms to produce a wide range of deliverables, including web components, digital marketing emails, style tiles and creative concepts, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups.
- Present your design work and rationale to clients and internal teams, using InVision to convey basic interactions and user flows.
This role is a good fit for someone with the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and 1+ years of experience designing web and digital products.
- A strong creative design portfolio, showcasing project work and your design process.
- Proficiency in Sketch (or Figma) and Adobe Photoshop. Experience with Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
- A solid understanding of user interface design principles, responsive design, and design systems.
- Understanding of UX design best practices.
- Experience with front-end development (HTML/CSS) is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with content management systems (e.g., WordPress, Drupal, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), Optimizely (formerly EpiServer), especially in relation to design constraints and considerations, is a plus.
- Familiarity with project management and design workflow tools such as JIRA and InVision is a plus.
In addition, qualified applicants must:
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Be able to accept and adopt constructive feedback.
- Be willing and eager to learn new skills and techniques.
- Demonstrate strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Have a collaborative spirit, dedicated work ethic, and willingness to contribute as a member of a larger team.
- Be dedicated to diversity, equity, and inclusion principles by demonstrating a commitment to promoting and maintaining a positive, diverse, and inclusive work environment.
- Demonstrate responsibility, organization, and efficiency to manage time appropriately and meet deadlines.
Note: Please add a link to your portfolio or attach work samples that best demonstrate your skills and creative process. Individuals who submit an application without including relevant supporting work samples will not be considered. Please note that this is not a UX design position.
At Reingold, we nurture individual talents and encourage our digital experience designers and developers to continually learn and grow. We offer creative freedom, a collaborative, inclusive, and supportive (also fun!) work environment, and an infinite variety of challenging assignments. Each of our gifted team members contributes their unique experiences and fresh perspectives to help fulfill
our clients’ needs.
Reingold is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.