Relavo is looking for a Research & Development Engineering summer intern to contribute to prototype development and testing.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Iterate prototype design & fabrication to meet design requirements and comply with safety and regulatory standards
- Assess risks of medical device design and ideate and implement design controls
- Apply principles of regulatory standards to inform product verification tests
- Source materials for prototype and test fixture fabrication
- Design and conduct product verification experiments
- Incorporate Design for Manufacturing (DFM) principles into product design
- Maintain proper documentation, including design history file, test protocols, & test reports
Recommended Skills & Qualifications (included but not limited to):
- Rising senior, current Master’s candidate, or recent Bachelor’s/Master’s graduate in Mechanical, Electrical, or Biomedical Engineering interested in healthcare and medical devices
- Proficiency in CAD (Creo or Solidworks preferred) and 3D-printing
- Experience developing electro-mechanical devices
- Experience in Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Experience with ISO 14971 risk management (risk analysis, evaluation, and control)
- Experience leading and/or working on engineering teams
- Organized, motivated, and a self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position has an expected time commitment of 40 hours per week, for a period of 12 weeks over summer 2021. The position is based in Baltimore, MD and the candidate should be authorized to work in the U.S. This is a paid position. Interns will gain experience working in an early-stage startup, developing medical devices, and interfacing with regulatory bodies (such as FDA).
If interested, please email Tejasvi Desai, COO (email@example.com) with your resume and cover letter by March 22, 2021.