RES is the nation’s largest and most experienced provider of ecological restoration and water resource solutions. To date, we have restored over 328 stream miles, 58,024 wetland acres, and rehabilitated, preserved, and/or managed over 15,000 acres of special-status species habitats. RES operations include planting over 17,400,000 restorative trees and reducing over 267 tons of polluting nutrients. RES navigates and streamlines the environmental permitting process with solutions that balance economic development and ecological sustainability through the establishment of mitigation/conservation banks, permittee responsible turnkey mitigation, and corporate social responsibility projects.
RES is accepting applications for an Environmental Engineering Intern in our Brentwood, TN office. The Environmental Engineering Intern will work with design and field personnel to learn the various stages of the projects from conception and planning to construction.
The Environmental Engineering Intern will assist our Design team with:
- Geomorphic, biological, and ecological site assessments
- Mitigation crediting field protocols
- Applied fluvial geomorphic / hydraulic survey
- Construction oversight
- Post construction monitoring
Data Processing and Technical Writing:
- Process data collected in the field
- Assist with written portions of proposals, regulatory permit applications and post construction monitoring reports related to restoration design
- Assist with mitigation crediting calculations
- Conceptual plans
- Hydrologic modeling and calculations
- Construction quantities
- Civil 3D models
Field work can be expected for 40-60% of the work, and the remainder of the time will be spent in the office.
This internship typically runs May-August but duration is negotiable based on the intern’s schedule
- Recent graduate or individual currently pursuing a degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field
- Ability to travel occasionally (sometimes overnight) to sites as needed
- Willing and able to perform and comply with the following items:
- Working outside in harsh and under adverse weather conditions
- Walking long distances, climbing, bending, lifting and performing a wide range of physical activities
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret environmental plans and mapping
- Ability to effectively focus on a variety of tasks to produce quality results within deadlines
- Experience using Civil 3D, GIS (ArcMap), HEC-RAS
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
RES is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.