Process Improvement Engineer Intern
About the job
RHI Magnesita is seeking a dynamic Process Improvement Engineer Intern in York, PA. Our Process Improvement Engineer Intern will apply their knowledge and skills in a technical project, while also supporting continual optimization projects and efforts of manufacturing processes to maintain high quality and efficient production. Encompasses an ability to utilize various analytical tools and reports to uncover problematic root causes. Has the personality of a “change agent” with the ability to effectively persuade resistances to change.
The Process Improvement Engineer Intern’s tasks will include:
- Considering safety as a top priority with participation in preventative safety actions including system entries, audits and risk assessments.
- Gaining knowledge of mixer, hydraulic press and curing oven operation. Also, understanding the recipes behind the entire portfolio of formulations and sizes of cured brick production.
- Understanding and enforcing all cured brick production quality guidelines and procedures.
- Gaining knowledge in Six Sigma and Lean methodology to support plant continuous improvement initiatives including 6S, TPM and Obeya Scrums. Including, SMED principles to continually reduce downtime associated with mold changeover and daily cleanups.
- Running routine process reports to uncover potential problematic root causes influencing production efficiency and/or quality. Implement follow-up corrective actions with specific focus on improving Press OEE Performance and Quality. Perform experimental trials for new improvement ideas following ISO 9001 standards.
- Auditing raw material inventories, reclaim/recycle rates and spillage rates with accountability to investigate and uncover root causes behind variances of the ERP/BOM versus actual and following up with implementation of corrective actions/projects.
- Acting as a main participant of curing oven and press outages including internal oven inspections and capital project management.
Do you have:
- A High-school diploma or GED
- Ongoing Undergraduate studies in technical field, preferred major Industrial, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or other relevant Engineering discipline.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficient user in Excel
- Process-oriented mentality
- Hands-on, team oriented and committed to business improvement processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to complete tasks/projects in a timely fashion with minimal direct supervision
What we bring to the table
As a much-valued employer:
- We offer you a varied and challenging role within the world market leader that is driving positive change
- We give you the opportunity to take part in shaping the future of the industry leader in innovative technology
About RHI Magnesita
RHI Magnesita is the result of the combination of RHI and Magnesita to form the global leading supplier of high-grade refractory products, systems and services. With more than 14,000 employees across more than 40 countries and 3.1 billion in revenues we are the driving force of the refractory industry. Do you want to know more? Check out www.rhimagnesita.com