Responsible for interpreting product and service requirements for Rochester’s customers and suppliers for both submitted orders and for capability inquiries. Leads cross functional teams to ensure customer requirements are understood and manufacturing jobs are released in the shortest time possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Main point person for client capability requests, works with others to ensure timely response to client requests.
· Establishes standard operating procedures for CCR and customer responses.
· Benchmarks CCR and customer response systems to understand “best in class” performance.
· Works through sales team to ensure that all required customer needs information and documentation is available to process inquiries or jobs.
· Ensures systems are in place for repeatability and re-use of information for similar or repeat jobs.
· Works with other groups at Rochester to improve internal processes to improve customer service.
· Designs and develops methodologies for providing custom solutions to meet customer needs.
· Defines and maintains a Product Definition System which will be used to document all relevant information required to manufacture Rochester’s products.
· Works with Rochester’s customers and suppliers to develop a wide variety of solutions that support the needs of the supplier’s customers (Manufacturing Hot Line).
· Collaborates with Process, Assembly, Test Eng., and QA to develop qualification requirements
· Participates in defining and implementing strategic initiatives
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Responsible for On Time Delivery of Manufacturing Orders
· Updates internal Metrics and Reports and holding meetings to drive improvements.
· Leads cross functional teams on continuous improvement projects
· Tracks cycle time of CCR and customer response operations, Paretos lost time, and drive improvements to improve customer response & product release time.
PREPARATION, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant engineering or scientific discipline (a combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
· Master’s degree is a plus.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience in semiconductors
· Experience in a high mix, low volume environment with varying degrees of customer need.
· Strong working knowledge of the following quality systems and standards:
§ ISO 9001
§ JEDEC standards for commercial integrated circuits
· Knowledge of semiconductor wafer fabrication technologies
· Knowledge of semiconductor assembly, test and burn-in processes and practices.
· Working knowledge of semiconductor failure modes and mechanisms.
· Knowledge of new product introduction requirements
· Strong project management skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Ability to solve problems and make timely decisions.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to speak, read and write fluently in English (multilingual skills are a plus).
· Proficiency with personal computer software, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet Explorer, etc.