Rockwell Automation is the largest company in the world dedicated to industrial automation and information. Here, we connect the imaginations of people with the potential of technology to make the world more intelligent, more connected and more productive. From improving the production of medicines that boost human health to reducing waste in an oil and gas plant, the work we do changes how we live.
As a Firmware Test Engineering you will Performs basic software testing activities and construction of test platforms under the direction of other team Test Engineers. Has responsibility for execution of tests within the assigned program. Focus is on delivering high quality product, in an efficient manner.
- Perform basic product testing on firmware based projects at the module, integration and functional level.
- Responsible for the realization of test stations for automation and functional testing.
- Executes product functional test plans and test cases under the supervision of senior level test engineers
- Drives activities toward completion with the ability to communicate functionally within the test organization.
- Investigate product problems, with emphasis on software/firmware product support.
- Participate in appropriate support programs to assure that products continue to fill the customer’s needs.
- Stay abreast of new test technology developments and applications that can be used in products through participation in technology seminars, courses, and independent study.
- Complete design and implementation documentation as specified by the Common Development Processes, and associated with the functional process requirements.
- Keep a notebook of documented notes that thoroughly explains conceptual thoughts, conditions, restrictions, analysis, synthesis, and test results that serve as justification for test and system design.
- Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to : Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14001, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to embrace change and common process within the test organization.
- Adapts to change by identifying needs, adjusting, and working with others as appropriate to implement initiatives.
- Familiarity with an IDE environment for coding using C#, C++ or similar programing language.
- Ability to work with a Test Framework in creating automated test scripts.
- Ability to work in an Agile development environment, supporting the test function.
- Ability to work with Life Cycle Management tools for the execution of test activities and test result reporting.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.