Rosendin is one of the largest electrical contractors in the United States employing over 7,000 people. We are proud to be EMPLOYEE OWNED. For more than 100 years, Rosendin has created a reputation for building quality electrical and communications installations, building value for clients, and building people within the company. Rosendin’s experience in the industry sectors is well rounded and includes Data Centers, Education, Healthcare, Institutional, Renewable Energy, Transportation, Commercial, Entertainment, Telecom, Heavy Industrial, and Design-Build.
Rosendin’s Summer Internship program is a hands-on training program designed to give students a well-rounded experience where they work alongside passionate mentors. solving real-world construction industry challenges.
In addition to working on some of the most interesting, challenging and rewarding projects in the country you will be working at one best companies in the industry. The hands-on experiences that you encounter during your internship program enables you to develop your potential and make key contacts for future networking. Students can use their internship to determine their interest level in certain career fields, get feedback from professionals regarding their strengths and weaknesses, and to further their education and expand their resume.
In mid-June we invite all of our Interns, from across the country, to spend a week in San Jose, CA for a week of training and team building. We also plan fun events, throughout the week, that help the interns relax and simply get to know one another better. The time spent in San Jose allows you to have a clearer picture of our organization as a whole and to rub shoulders with leadership from our great company, making this a very valuable part of your overall internship experience.
· Intern Week Video link – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yoapw2l-8I
Highlights of Roles and Responsibilities, for the Project Management Internships are as follows:
· Perform basic takeoff for change orders – This helps the intern understand the plans, specs and overall project requirements
· Aid in administering company processes (RFIs, submittals, BOMs, PCOs, Closeout etc.) – This exposes the intern to how a high caliber Electrical Contractor runs and manages projects
· Help maintain project folders and files – This helps the intern understand how to find and store info in our file folders
· Participate in Productivity and T&M tracking, Progress Tracking, and weekly team meetings including safety meetings – This gets the intern out in the field where they observe and learn how the work gets installed
· Attend Customer meetings and take notes – This helps the intern see how we interact with our customers and teaches the purpose and value or documenting, compiling and publishing the meeting minutes of that interaction
Must be enrolled in courses for Fall 2021, and have completed coursework in Construction Management, Engineering, Occupational Health, or related field, or have equivalent work experience.
The ideal candidate is a person that exemplifies that they can work in a team environment, and are driven, reliable, honest, accountable, organized, customer focused and detail oriented.
Rosendin is headquartered in San Jose, CA, and has branch offices in San Francisco, Sacramento and Orange County, CA, Tempe, AZ, Hillsboro, OR, Las Vegas, NV, Honolulu, HI, and in the Washington DC, Baltimore, MD, and Charlotte, NC metro markets. We also have multiple branch locations in Texas.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Rosendin is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are considered regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status