Summer Analysts will be a sector generalist and focus on a broad range of Equity & Shareholder Advisory assignments involving equity capital markets transactions and shareholder-activist related situations which include private placements/minority sales, IPOs and direct listings, SPACs mergers, common stock & convertible offerings, as well as block trades and other shareholder monetizations.
The group has advised on some of the highest profile capital markets transactions and activist engagements of the last decade including Alibaba’s $25 billion IPO (largest IPO ever globally), Spotify’s $31 billion direct listing on the NYSE (advisor to two major shareholders), Markit’s $1.5 billion IPO, WMH’s $1.5 billion SPAC merger, the Canadian Government’s monetization of General Motors and multiple growth equity private placements, IPOs, SPAC mergers and stock offerings by consumer, healthcare and technology companies and activist campaigns involving almost every major shareholder activist.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include: critical thinking and writing, financial analysis, qualitative and quantitative research, preparing client presentations and contributing to team discussions and client meetings.
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate degree program with an anticipated graduation date no later than May 2023
- Demonstrated academic excellence; GPA of 3.2 or higher
- MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Significant coursework completed in or experience with business, basic accounting, finance and economic concepts
- Completion of an internship in finance or a related field
- Strong analytical skills, quantitative skill, writing skills, communication skills and computer literacy
- Demonstrated ability to balance academic and extracurricular activities