Company Name: Oconomowoc Distribution Center
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Manage the daily operation of Distribution Center transportation. Role model and demonstrate the Company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of self and others.
Frequent independent judgments are essential. Fred Meyer also requires that all associates perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
Essential Job Functions:
- Model “Customer 1st” behavior; deliver and encourage other associates to deliver excellent customer service
- Establish operational procedures for Distribution Center transportation activities
- Manage daily third party store delivery and host activities
- Confer with department supervisors and Transportation Manager to coordinate Distribution Center transportation activities, which includes receiving and shipping
- Hire common carriers for store deliveries
- Participate in planning associate safety and plant-protection activities.
- Verify work is performed safely and efficiently
- Maintain store delivery schedules.
- Assist with Human Resource issues/responsibilities
- Coordinate the multiple Distribution Centers, Alaska stores combo load process
- Coordinate the Puget Sound stores cleanout and Distribution Center bailing operation
- Confer with all Distribution Centers and execute the multiple Distribution Center consolidation program
- Balance trailer pool between Distribution Centers
- Manage Distribution Centers supply level of pallets and totes
- Manage peak season and holiday delivery schedule
- Work daily with Transportation software packages: TR, CAMS, XATA & Transview
- Administer Logistics Plus in Transportation and Truck Shop
- Manage existing and future driver and hostler productivity programs
- Conduct driver rides and store visits
- Assist to correct delivery issues
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) plus one-two years experience in retail/distribution center management; plus one-two years transportation experience; or combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Ability to pass drug test
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work weekends on a frequent basis
- Ability to travel independently on an occasional basis
- Maintain confidentiality
- Accuracy/attention to detail
- Ability to organize/prioritize variety of tasks/projects
- Familiarity with retail distribution technical terms and processes
- Ability to work within set time frames and fixed deadlines
- Ability to continue education
- Valid driver’s license
- Fred Meyer lift truck certification/license
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Knowledge of Fred Meyer policies, procedures, and organizational structure
- Experience directing/participating on project teams
- Experience as a foreman
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Second language
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Regions: Midwest; Any; General Office- Cincinnati; Mid-Atlantic; Mountain; South; West
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: Kroger Logistics is a best-in-class supply chain team that services our more than 2,500 grocery and convenience stores that stretch coast-to-coast across the U.S., including Alaska. We are comprised of more than 30 distribution centers, regional freight centers, transportation and office locations. In Kroger Logistics, we offer career opportunities in Safety, Professional Driving, Warehouse Operations, International Logistics, Engineering, Supply Chain and Human Resources. If you are looking for an ever-changing, fast-paced environment focused on supporting our Customer 1St Strategy, we welcome your online application.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: WI || Oconomowoc || 1111 E. Delafield Rd. || 53066 || Oconomowoc Distribution Center || None || Logistics/Supply Chain; Management || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None