RS&H is currently seeking an Entry Level Aviation Water Resources Engineering Associate for the Aviation Practice in Raleigh, NC.
A select number of applicants who apply to this role will be invited to RS&H’s annual Aviation Career Day. Taking place on October 18th & 19th, this year’s virtual event will be bringing industry experts and aspiring professionals together for a unique hiring experience.
While typically this event takes place at our corporate headquarters in Jacksonville, FL – we have decided to move the event to a virtual setting to maintain your health and safety.
- Interaction with RS&H leadership
- Lunch provided by RS&H via UberEats
- HR interviewing tips
- Virtual social event to get to know one another
- Remote interviewing via Zoom
This individual will be part of the Environmental Stewardship and Resiliency (ESR) Service Group providing water resources consulting services to Aviation clients nationally. As a member of the ESR Service Group, this individual will help Aviation project managers and professionals identify and resolve water resources challenges associated with large building and infrastructure programs as well as ongoing airport operations. Further, the individual will help completing the planning, permitting and design of stormwater management facilities for airports around the United States. As stormwater projects are fully integrated with other large infrastructure improvements (e.g., runways, ramps, terminals, etc.), you will be the liaison between the regulator, the RS&H infrastructure design team and the client, facilitating the development of compatible best management practices, leading stormwater master plans and modeling studies, preparation of permitting documentation (e.g., wetland impacts, floodplain loss determination, construction, industrial stormwater discharge criteria, etc.), development of deicer runoff management systems, evaluating climate change impacts and adaptation plans and all other activities associated with planning, designing and constructing the recommended stormwater improvements.. Interests in developing proactive environmental programs and plans including operational sustainability, restoration, and long-term adaptation and resiliency.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering from an ABET-accredited college or university (completed by June 2022)
- Interest in preparing regulatory documents needed to meet federal and state-specific environmental laws and regulations and FAA orders associated with compliance with federal laws and regulations. Interest in preparing NEPA documentation for airport improvement projects a plus.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is essential for use in completing assignments
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team environment and be highly responsive to client deadlines
Modeling/Design Software Knowledge:
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- AutoDesk (Civil 3D, SSA, Hydraflow)
- ArcGIS (extensions including 3D Analyst, Spatial Analyst, ArcHydro a plus)
- SWMM (EPA, XP, PC)
- HEC Software (RAS, HMS, etc)
- Water Quality models (e.g. SWMM, QUAL2K, WASP, etc)
- Exposure to airport environment and associated operations
- Certification by a professional board in the discipline of practice within 5 years is desired
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information