RS&H is seeking an Entry-Level Environmental Specialist to join our Aviation Practice in Raleigh, NC!
A select number of applicants who apply to this role will be invited to RS&H’s annual Aviation Career Day. Taking place on October 18th & 19th, this year’s virtual event will be bringing industry experts and aspiring professionals together for a unique hiring experience.
While typically this event takes place at our corporate headquarters in Jacksonville, FL – we have decided to move the event to a virtual setting to maintain your health and safety.
- Interaction with RS&H leadership
- Lunch provided by RS&H via UberEats
- HR interviewing tips
- Virtual social event to get to know one another
- Remote interviewing via Zoom
This individual will be part of the Environmental Stewardship and Resiliency (ESR) Service Group providing environmental stewardship, sustainability and resilience planning, permitting, and consulting services to Aviation clients nationally. As a member of the ESR Service Group, this individual will help Aviation project managers and professionals identify and resolve environmental compliance challenges associated with large building and infrastructure programs as well as ongoing airport operations. Further, the individual will help identify and incorporate sustainability measures and approaches to make our projects more resilient to the ever changing conditions with which our nation’s airports operate. The entry level staff position will provide direct support for activities related to ESR and project delivery to the practice firm-wide. The ideal candidate will have an interest in providing a broad array of aviation and private industry environmental compliance and planning services. Broad compliance knowledge and interests in water, stormwater, wetland and stream impacts, oil spill prevention and management, fuel management, hazardous and non-hazardous materials and waste management, and compliance management system and auditing programs desired. Interests in developing proactive environmental programs and plans including operational sustainability, restoration and long-term adaptation and resiliency.
- Requires an accredited Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in environmental sciences or engineering or related field (completed by June 2022)
- Interest in preparing regulatory documents needed to meet federal and state-specific environmental laws and regulations and FAA orders associated with compliance with federal laws and regulations. Interest in preparing NEPA documentation for airport improvement projects a plus.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is essential for use in completing assignments
- Ability to work in an independent but collaborative team environment and be highly responsive to client deadlines.
- Exposure to airport environment and associated operations
- Registration tracked and/or a desire to be registered to a professional society or a state regulatory board in the discipline of practice within 4 year is desired, if applicable. These certifications or registrations may include but are not limited to Certified Environmental Professional (C.E.P.), Envision Sustainability Professional (ENV SP), Certified Ecologist (C.E.), or registered Professional Engineer (PE – Civil/Environmental) or Professional Geologists (PG)
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and Dental
- Click Here for Full Benefits Information