Duties and responsibilities, as they align to Ryan’s Key Results
- Create a positive team member experience.
- Responds to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities.
- Works effectively with clients and taxing authorities on a national basis.
- Attends client meetings and property inspections.
- Reviews client property tax records.
- Applies software knowledge to efficiently work with client data.
- Researches tax issues.
- Prepares and reviews property reports and renditions.
- Analyzes assessment notices and determines potential assessment reductions.
- Files appeals.
- Determines liability for development projects.
- Works with tax incentive issues for clients.
- Interacts frequently with members of a team.
- Communicates effectively through written and verbal channels.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Engineering, Economics, Real Estate, Business Management, Public Administration, MIS/Entrepreneurship, International Business or other degree with MBA, MST or JD.
- Minimum 12 hours in Accounting, Economics, Real Estate or Finance (GPA of 3.0 or higher).
- Strong academic credentials (minimum Overall 3.0+ GPA, Major 3.25+).
- Relevant work experience preferred (e.g. internships, summer positions, school jobs).
- Bachelor’s degree and one to three years audit or tax-related experience.
- Desire to perform in a high-energy team environment.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Valid driver’s license required.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting or standing while working.
- The position requires regular interaction with employees and clients both in person and via e-mail and telephone.
- Independent travel requirement: 30 to 40%.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran