Ryan & Wetmore, PC
Ryan & Wetmore is a full-service accounting, tax, and management consulting firm, servicing the Metropolitan Washington, DC, area since 1988. We provide a proactive approach with our clients and staff in our traditional and non-traditional consulting services.
We work hard to earn our clients’ confidence by encouraging open communication year-round. Through our numerous consulting engagements, we have become trusted business advisors. We do this by balancing our objectives of keeping an unbiased perspective and being our clients’ advocate. This approach has enabled us to help clients become more efficient, more competitive, and, therefore, more profitable.
Our employees are given the autonomy and trust to work on deadline-driven client deliverables independently while sharing close relationships with their supervisors. At Ryan & Wetmore, we believe that we can only be our greatest if our team is equipped with the best tools, content with their work environment, and energized to excel.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Ryan & Wetmore, PC is looking for a Marketing Intern. As a paid marketing intern, you will collaborate with our Marketing Coordinator in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help develop, expand, and maintain our marketing channels. You will have administrative duties in developing and implementing marketing strategies. This internship will help you acquire marketing skills and provide you with knowledge of various marketing strategies. Ultimately, you will gain broad experience in marketing and should be prepared to enter any fast-paced work environment. Each day will be different and offer new and rewarding challenges.
Here you will receive learning opportunities through job shadowing, direct work experience, and system and software training. We strive to provide the most meaningful and practical experience for you. As a result, we work with you to develop both personally and professionally to tailor the internship experience to your specific goals. Everyone at the firm will be available to guide and assist you throughout your internship experience.
Assists the organization in several capacities related to marketing and business development:
· Monitors social media accounts; comments, accepts connection requests, responds to inquiries, shares posts, and other tasks as necessary.
· Advertises and promotes content
· CRM Management
· Content dissemination and development when requested
· Assist in preparation of business proposals
· Collaborate with the Marketing Coordinator in the distribution of regular e-newsletters covering the firm’s specialties (tax, consulting, audit and accounting) and industries, including government contracting, healthcare, construction, etc.
Website Design & Assistance
· Helps edit content to be posted on the website
· Conducts audits of the website, checks for errors
· Promotes marketing events and assists in preparation for both virtual & in-person events
· Assist in the execution of marketing strategies and plans to support the firm’s objectives
· Research networking opportunities and latest marketing trends for the organization
· Current enrollment in a related BS or Master’s degree (Marketing, Communications, English, Web Design, etc.)
· Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
· Excellent interpersonal relations, written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to work with little supervision and manage multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated understanding of social media, especially LinkedIn
· Capacity to manage effectively through change, act as strong team player, resolve issues and capitalize on opportunities
· Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
· This position is in our Bethesda office. The ideal candidate should be living close to the chosen office location.
· Related work or internship experience in marketing, communications accounting, and/or client-facing roles
· A general understanding of the public accounting industry and the capacity to expand their knowledge of the firm’s service offerings
· Experience in graphic design and/or web design an asset but not required
· Paid internship, bi-weekly
· Flexible part-time schedule and location placement to suit your university schedule and internship experience
· Opportunities to network and be on track for a career with R&W
· Invitations to events and luncheons put on by the office
· Open work environment & great coworkers