A glimpse at the job:
POWERED BY TRUST. At Safran Electrical & Power, we’re all about trust: the trust employees place in the Safran Group and the trust customers place in us. We trust our employees to bring bold ideas to build the future of aerospace together. If you’re looking for the opportunity to apply your talents and demonstrate your enthusiasm for the aerospace industry as we build smarter electrical solutions for a better flight, this could be the position for you!
This position contributes to our vision by:
Supports standardization initiatives across business units;
- Safran production system;
- Documents sorting to match the process sequence;
- Improves process layout to optimize product flow;
- Configures work station design, layout and tooling to optimize operator performance;
- Uses video analysis to improve work methods and procedures;
- Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and nvironmental program and culture;
- Regular, predictable attendance is required;
- Other duties may be assigned.
Highlights from our facility:
As the North American headquarters for Safran Electrical & Power, the Denton, Texas facility’s diverse team works together to innovate smarter electrical solutions for a better flight. Safran is a champion of the local community and supports programs like United Way, Serve Denton, and the Denton Independent School District, among other local organizations. Safran has won many prestigious awards from our customers, including the Sikorsky Elite Supplier and the Boeing Supplier of the Year. Located in the heart of North Texas, Denton is home to two major universities and a vibrant arts and music community, and is one of the top 25 fastest growing cities in the country!
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail Arleya.firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 940-272-5725. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Ongoing initiatives, like ILLUMINATE: Brightening the Path for Women and our engagement action plans, have helped to create a diverse, inclusive, empowered, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making Safran Electrical & Power a great place to work.
Safran Electrical & Power offers competitive salaries, recognition programs, comprehensive benefits, retirement plans with employer match, corporate university training courses, professional development programs, tuition assistance, flexible work scheduling and paid leave.
Relocation assistance is not offered for this position.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power looks for service-oriented team players with strong interpersonal skills, the right attitude and adaptability to an innovative and evolving environment.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Decision Science; prefer a field of study in Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum Junior year or with equivalent credits
- Must be able to work a minimum of 30 hours a week Monday – Friday.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint – Basic
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, including being able to manage large amounts of data and tasks – Advanced
- Blueprint and schematics reading – Basic
- Problem Solving, root cause analysis and corrective action – Basic
- Ability to prioritize to meet customer requirements – Basic
- Ability to communicate, verbally and written, to internal customers– Basic
- Ability to build strategic working relationships at all levels of the organization – Basic
- Possess a can-do attitude and sense of urgency when completing projects and tasks– Basic
Across all team members, we are looking for the following attributes:
- Team oriented
- Process focused
- Open & honest communication
- Quality minded
- Ability to persevere and honor commitments
- Recognizes success
- Executes with urgency
- Customer focused in everything we do
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes’s 2020 list of the World’s Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electrical & Power is one of the world’s leaders in aircraft electrical systems. The company is a key player in the equipment electrification and in the electric and hybrid propulsion sector. It has 15,000 employees across 13 different countries.