This posting will be open for application submissions for a minimum of seven (7) calendar days, including the ‘posting date’. Sandia reserves the right to extend the posting date at any time.
What Your Job Will Be Like
Organization 05196, Information Technology Services, is seeking highly self-motivated and innovative Information Enterprise Systems Technologists with a background in information technology. The selected candidate will be responsible for partnering with other IT service providers and team members to ensure that appropriate IT solutions are delivered to meet business needs of the High Security Operations (HSO) users on upper level LANs. They will also be responsible for remote and local user technical assistance, including hardware set up, software installs and problem solving, installing and uninstalling software, working in and managing ticket queues, working on small and full scope projects, supporting fielded equipment, providing support with deployed systems, and performing systems maintenance.
The successful candidate will research, assemble, and visualize various data sources used for conduct and identification of process improvement of the services provided by HSO Support staff.
On any given day, one may be called upon to:
- Develop, install, test, administer, and document commercial off-the-shelf software
- Support a wide range of computer hardware, including servers, file storage subsystems, and peripherals
- Work with other groups at Sandia to ensure proper network and cyber security integration
- Understand technical specifications and dependency
- Create, maintain, and integrate report visualizations from various systems
- Administer and manage licenses as needed
- Determine integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, scalability, reliability, and security needs
- Research, assemble, and evaluate information or data regarding End User Support Services
- Recommend sound, practical solutions to sophisticated issues
- Connect with customers, vendors, and other technical support staff
- Translate business needs into technical solutions through reasoned application of information technology
Qualifications We Require
- A High School diploma plus 3 years’ experience in Computing End-User Support Environment, such as help desk and/or desktop software and hardware support in a heterogeneous, networked computing environment
- An active DOE Q-level security clearance and an active SCI-level Clearance; or other equivalent active security clearance such as DOD Top Secret and SCI-level Clearance
Qualifications We Desire
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computing, Engineering, or a Science Field
- An understanding of Systems Engineering disciplines, particularly Requirements Management and Configuration Management
- An understanding of Cloud Computing experience in scripting languages
- Unix/Linux Certification
- Experience with the following:
- Solving system problems in a distributed system with many components
- Process improvement activities, such as Lean 6, ISO, CMMi and ITIL
- Deploying and administering systems in a high-security production environment (i.e. STIGs or USGCB)
- Information assurance or cyber areas (forensics, monitoring, ADTP, applying STIGs, helping with accreditations, etc.)
- Ticketing system
- VMware Horizon and deploying VDI system
- 3 years experience or more with Linux Operating System
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- The ability and desire to provide end point support remotely and deskside
- Outstanding Customer Service, Strong communications, and interpersonal skills
- A great teammate with extensive technical experience who is energetic and results oriented
- A continuous service improvement demeanor with a focus on the improvement of processes, procedures, and training
About Our Team
The High Security Operations (HSO) Team performs high-impact, national security work for a broad segment of the Intelligence Community (IC) and other compartmentalized program. As part of the HSO team, the Information Technology (IT) Services department delivers stable and secure IT services in a safe, innovative and efficient way that enables efficiency and improves the end-user experience for High Security Operations user. Our IT products and services include servers, virtual environments, desktops, networking, storage, and applications.
This Limited Term Employee (LTE) position is a temporary position for one year term, which may be renewed at Sandia’s discretion up to a maximum of seven years.
Individuals in LTE positions may bid on regular Sandia positions as internal candidates, and in some cases may be converted to regular career positions during their term if warranted by ongoing operational needs, continuing availability of funds, and satisfactory job performance.
Sandia National Laboratories is the nation’s premier science and engineering lab for national security and technology innovation, with teams of specialists focused on cutting-edge work in a broad array of areas. Some of the main reasons we love our jobs:
- Challenging work with amazing impact that contributes to security, peace, and freedom worldwide
- Extraordinary co-workers
- Some of the best tools, equipment, and research facilities in the world
- Career advancement and enrichment opportunities
- Flexible work arrangements for many positions include 9/80 (work 80 hours every two weeks, with every other Friday off) and 4/10 (work 4 ten-hour days each week) compressed workweeks, part-time work, and telecommuting (a mix of onsite work and working from home)
- Generous vacations, strong medical and other benefits, competitive 401k, learning opportunities, relocation assistance and amenities aimed at creating a solid work/life balance*
World-changing technologies. Life-changing careers. Learn more about Sandia at: http://www.sandia.gov
*These benefits vary by job classification.
Position requires a Department of Energy (DOE) SCI security clearance to start, or equivalent active security clearance with another U.S. government agency (e.g., DOD). Sandia is required by DOE to conduct a pre-employment drug test and background review that includes checks of personal references, credit, law enforcement records, and employment/education verifications. Applicants for employment need to be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q-level security clearance and SCI access, both of which require US citizenship. SCI access may also require a polygraph examination. If you hold more than one citizenship (i.e., of the U.S. and another country), your ability to obtain these levels of access may be impacted.
Applicants offered employment with Sandia are subject to a federal background investigation to meet the requirements for access to classified information or matter if the duties of the position require a DOE security clearance. Substance abuse or illegal drug use, falsification of information, criminal activity, serious misconduct or other indicators of untrustworthiness can cause a clearance to be denied or terminated by the DOE, resulting in the inability to perform the duties assigned and subsequent termination of employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status and any other protected class under state or federal law.
Selected applicants will be required to pass a Job Placement Assessment before beginning the job to ensure that they can perform the essential physical requirements, with or without accommodations.