Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Sr Associate Test Engineer at SAS, you will work to support initiatives in our U.S. Professional Services and Delivery group. The Sr Associate Test Engineer applies software quality assurance and engineering expertise to assure quality throughout the life cycle of SAS hosted and SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) solutions. This includes software testing, as well as, the definition of appropriate test strategies and test plans.
- Define, document, and execute test plans and procedures.
- Design, develop, and execute test programs that evaluate the quality of SAS system code written to provide solutions for customers.
- Perform verification and QA of algorithms, data sets and reports used in creating and/or analyzing customer data.
- Verify data loads to ensure: all dates are accounted for, data is accurate and reports accurately reflect data.
- Identify system defects and makes recommendations for resolution.
- Work with developers, analysts, and project managers to identify and mitigate risks to quality.
- Design, develop, and optimize test scripts using standard test automation tools.
- Programming, scripting, and other duties as assigned.
- Cary, NC location highly preferred.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related quantitative field.
- 1+ years of programming experience.
- 1+ years of experience with data querying (SQL) and report development.
The nice to haves
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, or related quantitative field.
- Proficiency in SAS Programming – Base SAS, SAS SQL, SAS Macro.
- Experience with SAS Visual Analytics/SAS Visual Investigator/Viya.
- Experience in QA or development testing, test case management, and defect resolution.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Detail oriented, well-organized and excellent ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and high-energy team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills with passion for solving problems.
- Self-motivated to learn and grow.
- Proven record of increasing responsibilities.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it – and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant’s education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
All valid SAS job openings are located on the Careers page at www.sas.com. SAS only sends emails from verified “sas.com” email addresses and never asks for sensitive, personal information or money. Should you have any doubts about the authenticity of any type of communication from, for, or on behalf of SAS, please contact us at Recruitingsupport@sas.com before taking any further action.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the Pay Transparency notice.