Inventory and Planning Specialist – 006PMT
Schneider Electric has an opportunity for an Inventory and Planning Specialist in our Fairfield, OH and Oxford, OH location. You will be primarily accountable for the adequate handling of production materials within the facility and ensuring satisfactory stock and timely supply of materials to the production lines or working areas while overseeing the proper control of inventories.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
- Lead continuous improvement projects for material related movement/flow throughout the facility
- Scheduling manufacturing lines based on customer demand
- Resolving barriers to challenges related to material needs and business demands
- Pro-actively identify barriers and resolve root cause issues
- Root cause inventory discrepancies throughout plant and resolution
- Provide leadership and direction for the management of the spare parts warehouse for manufacturing equipment
- Apply lean concepts for the overall control and movement of materials in and out of the location
- Administering production scheduling, inventory control, warehousing, customer service, traffic and/or shipping
- Serving as a liaison among various departments to provide efficient customer service, inventory management and resolve difficulties
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship across all levels of the organization
- Utilize lean manufacturing and six sigma skills to address complex process opportunities with simple solutions
- Identify constraints to achieving goals and collaborate to find and implement effective solutions
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Engineering or related field
- Have ability to see opportunities to reduce cost/time/effort in a system
- Desire to lead peers through progressive change
- Possess knowledge of manufacturing processes and systems
- Have an understanding of lean manufacturing principles
- Possess inventory control process knowledge desirable. SAP, KANBAN, MRP, OFO, etc.
- Have functional knowledge of Material Management Computer System
- Possess strong analytical, numerical, math, statistics skills
- Have ability to change with a dynamic workload: From heavy multi-tasking during peak workloads – to very focused, detail oriented work during critical projects.
- Strong project management, organizational, and communication skills are required.
- Are punctual/timely
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have apt interpersonal and customer relation skills
- Proficiency in professional and engineering PC applications
- Are self-motivated
- Experienced in problem resolution
- Are effectively able to utilize time to maintain order schedules
- Have a strong initiative to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Have knowledge of applicable design, installation, and use
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-Ohio-Oxford