Schneider Electric™creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations.Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment:https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Schneider Electric has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to assume the role of Manufacturing Engineer at our Lincoln, NE Plant.
What do you get to do in this position?
The Manufacturing Engineer position is a key member of the Manufacturing team and will have responsibility for driving our assembly groups to world class performance. The person in this position will be responsible for leading the continuous improvement efforts of their team using the Schneider Performance System. Safety leadership, Quality focus, Customer service and plant productivity are critical to the success of the business and are core responsibilities. Leadership skills and mechanical aptitude are both critical for this role.
A Manufacturing Engineer must be an excellent leader, influencer, communicator and project leader at all levels within the organization. Be collaborative, proactive, exhibit strong leadership qualities and be able to adapt to a dynamic and fast changing environment. Top level responsibilities include:
· Develop and maintain excellent working relationship across all levels of the organization.
· Utilize Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma skills to address complex process opportunities with simple solutions.
· Identify constraints to achieving goals and collaborate to find and implement effective solutions via our SIM (Short Interval Management) process
· Develop manufacturing cost estimates, determine work standards, and develop and implement improvement within our processes.
· Supports project launch, process tooling, fixture, and equipment design, purchase, and maintenance, line architecture, and material flow implementations
· Works on daily and long-term problems/projects using Quality and SPS tools including PFMEA, Control Plan, 8D, CAPEX, SAP, work orders, CAD, etc.
· Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion (based upon SPS principles) for obtaining results.
· Works with other engineers, designers, maintenance technicians, SPVs, and hourly line associates to effectively solve issues, implement solutions, and support IDEA/continuous/Safety/Quality improvement implementation ALL UNDER the Schneider Production System (Schneider Electric’s Lean manufacturing operations model) principles.
· Develops process, safety, ergonomic, and material handling improvement solution
· Serves manufacturing operations as KEY SUPPORT person leading resolutions to problems, implementing improvement, and leading projects to completion — all via short interval management cycle 1 thru 4 based concepts and processes.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
· Bachelor of Science, preferably within Engineering based discipline (Mechanical, Industrial) but will consider business or other related fields.
· Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
· Prior experience in Value Stream analysis; Lean manufacturing concepts (ie. 5S, Line architecture / 2 bin design, material providing and handling / route design, work instructions, etc.)
· Experience with root cause analysis utilizing problem solving tools identifying and correcting issues
· Ability to drive process and culture change in a mature organization
Skills & Abilities:
· Leadership: Driving results through influence and collaboration
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills; project management experience
· Strong organizational skills including but not limited to the ability to handle multiple demands and assignments in parallel, the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently
· Demonstrate significant potential and mobility for future advancement to higher levels of leadership within manufacturing operations
· Significant knowledge and experience within business software related to Manufacturing and Capacity Planning such as SAP, ACCESS/SQL databases, and Excel
· Demonstrate ability to perform root cause analysis and develop action plans to strategically eliminate barriers
· Experience implementing projects resulting in measurable improvement(s) within labor efficiency, material flow, and overall equipment effectiveness
· Self-directed, reliable, and results oriented individual who drives results themselves and through others resulting in tangible positive impacts to Key performance indicators
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We’re looking for people with a passion for success — on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.