Schneider Electric has an opportunity for an Application Engineering Intern in our Owings Mills, MD location. This internship will provide real-world engineering experience that will boost your resume, connect you with a lead engineering team and expose you to an innovative company.
Schneider Electric creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 135,000+ employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Perform system installation, checkout and commissioning of HVAC controls.
· Troubleshoot of hardware, electrical, pneumatic and HVAC systems.
· Read and Understand electrical, mechanical and control drawings.
· Assist with troubleshooting and diagnoses of software and hardware issues.
· Install, replace and commission devices.
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
This job might be for you if:
· Available for Full Time Summer 2021 extending Part Time into Fall 2021
· Actively pursing a Mechanical Engineering degree with a Computer Science Engineer degree, or software experience.
· Some experience with HVAC
· You desire to work effectively and cooperatively with diverse team members to achieve overall project quality and customer satisfaction within the project budget and schedule constraints
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Primary Location: US-Maryland-Columbia