Manufacturing/Quality Engineering Internship
Schneider Electric’s Global Supply Chain team has an outstanding opportunity for a motivated individual to assume the role of a Manufacturing/Quality Engineering Internship in our Huntington, IN Plant location. The qualified candidate will be working closely with the Manufacturing and Quality Manager to assist in the implementation of Lean Manufacturing improvement projects that support our Schneider Production System (SPS) and Customer satisfaction & Quality initiatives.
The Manufacturing/Quality Engineering Intern will be a key member of the Manufacturing and Quality team and will have responsibility for helping drive world class performance. The person in this position will be responsible for leading focused continuous improvement efforts using the Schneider Performance System. Safety, Quality, and Customer service will be areas of focus. Mechanical aptitude and critical thinking are both vital for this role.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationship across all levels of the organization.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma skills to address complex process opportunities with simple solutions.
- Identify constraints to achieving goals and collaborate to find and implement effective solutions via our SIM (Short Interval Management) process.
- Develop manufacturing cost estimates, standardize work instructions, and implement improvements within our processes.
- Develop process, safety, ergonomic, 5S, and material handling improvement solution
- Participate in PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis), process control plans, and implementation of Poka-yoke and Jidoka solutions.
- Identify and implement digital tool solutions that align with our Smart Factory Winning Plan. Examples include, but not limited to Lean Digitization, DISS, Aveva Insight, and eSurveillance
- Identify opportunities to implement Statistical Process Control (SPC) within manufacturing process.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in quality system, such as Manufacturing Defect Rate, Scrap, and Non-quality costs.
We know skills and competencies show up in many ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
- Student pursuing a degree in Industrial Technology, Industrial Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- Computer skills must include Microsoft Office, with CAD desired
- Experience with Lean Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, and 8D desired
- Self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision
- Attention to accuracy and detail are essential
- Great communication skills, as this position requires working with all functions throughout the facility
We know skills and competencies show up in many different ways and can be based on your life experience. If you do not necessarily meet all the requirements that are listed, we still encourage you to apply for the position.
Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.