The duties of the Environmental and Sustainability intern will be focused on supporting the execution of the environmental/sustainability capital projects and assisting with environmental regulatory programs. This is a paid, year-round internship. We offer flexible scheduling to accommodate your class schedule.
This position will be based at our Home Office location in Green Bay, Wisconsin and is open to remote candidates.
Looking to hire immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Assisting with day-to-day environmental compliance functions including EPA, state and local regulations.
- Completion and review of regulatory report.
- Assist with environmental audits.
- Tracking of sustainability metrics.
- Environmental projects including wastewater, energy and/or sustainability.
What you need to succeed:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, environmental science or related field.
- Must have at least 2 semesters remaining in school upon start date (May 2022 grads or later).
- Maintain GPA 2.75 or higher.
- Effective communications skills.
- Ability to work well with Plant Partners, Engineering Partners, as well as Partners in other departments.
- Ability to take ownership of assignments and complete them.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual with minimal direction, and as part of a team.
- Desire to grow and take on new challenges/opportunities.
- Advanced computer skills; intermediate spreadsheet/database skills helpful.
Qualifying Positions Offer:
- A 401(k) plan that includes up to an 8 percent Schreiber match and has been recognized as Best-in-Class for companies with 5,000-plus employees.
- A unique Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- An opportunity to share in the company’s success through our pay-for-performance incentive plan.
- Competitive medical, prescription drug, dental and vision benefits without a waiting period, including second-opinion medical consultation with specialists
- Wellness resources, including a fitness reimbursement program and access to an interactive personalized online wellness program
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development opportunities through training and our Education Assistance Program