Performs advanced analytical and administrative duties that include processing financial data from
multiple sources, evaluating costs, providing budget forecasts and projections, understanding of and
ability to create financial spreadsheet, problem solve and demonstrates clear oral and written
communication skills in support of the Police Department.
Education and Experience:
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Sociology, Public Administration, Geographical Information Systems (GIS) or related field from an accredited educational institution.
Three years of experience in law enforcement or public administration.
An equivalent combination of education and job related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Research techniques, methods and procedures.
- Principles and techniques of program planning and evaluation.
- Principles and application of statistical methods and forms.
- Procurement processes.
- Cost-benefit analysis.
- Organizational assessment procedures.
- Budget principles and practices.
- Relevant technology and computer literacy including Microsoft Office software and digital devices.
- Analyze, interpret and report research findings.
- Comprehend, interpret, analyze and make inferences from complex written documents and oral communications.
- Make mathematical calculations.
- Make oral presentations to management and staff.
- Make inferences and projections from written material and statistical data.
- Provide thoughtful and thorough analysis.
- Listen, communicate and work effectively with a diverse group of people.
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously and use good judgment in prioritizing work assignments.
- Observe, review and check the work of staff members to ensure conformance to standards.
- Proficiently perform computerized word processing, comprehension, summarizing and writing/editing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other professionals, City staff, police management and the general public.
Performs research studies, feasibility studies, needs assessments, cost/benefit analysis, cross impact analysis and management studies; performs statistical analysis; makes inferences and projections from written material and statistical data; prepares comprehensive detailed recommendations and reports on various software applications on a computer terminal.
Participates with development of Police Capital Improvement Project (CIP) plans, justification and budget; revision of strategic plans and project implementation plans.
Researches and manages various Federal and Local law enforcement procurement programs; develops and evaluates RFPs; researches and submits applications for various law enforcement grants, internal and external grant program reports and on-site audits.
Performs program evaluation and organizational analysis; monitors procedures and methods; prepares oral and written presentation findings and recommends action; performs survey design and data analysis.
Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the budget process and develops strategies and alternatives that focus on continuous improvement, innovation and change. Reviews budget submissions for accuracy, completeness and compliance with targets and goals.
Researches and answers financial and budget questions. Provides information to citizens and staff from other cities upon request.