We are seeking a multifaceted and dynamic engineer. Someone who is innovative and creative. Who enjoys having their ideas challenged and tested and strives to problem solve with out of the box solutions. Does this sound like you? Sealing Technologies, Inc. is a fast-growing veteran owned small business (VOSB) that provides cutting-edge products, knowledge and expertise in advanced cybersecurity technologies to the federal government, most notably, the Department of Defense. We are seeking, innovative, creative and dedicated engineers to fulfill their career goals and objectives in conjunction with us.
Overview of Opportunity
The Electrical/Computer Engineer is responsible for internal research and development activities associated with designing and prototyping SealingTech hardware solutions. You must be creative to be successful in this role. You will evaluate and design power solutions across our product line. Drive innovation within SealingTech products while evaluating embedded systems and controllers for software deployment, AI, ML and other applications. If you enjoy hanging out in your home lab tinkering with design, then why not get paid to do just that. A few of your daily duties will include hands on design of custom PCBs, defining interface requirements to embed systems and controllers for out of band management and software deployment. You will be challenged and a part of a large group of talented engineers. This is full-time position located in Columbia, Maryland but may spend time at the Integration Facility in Stevensville, Maryland as well. This team member will be an invaluable contributor within the Products and R&D team. If you think you are the missing piece, we want to hear from you.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Define system level architecture for embedded controller solution
- Design custom PCBs and embedded controllers
- Handle multiple designs simultaneously
- Interface with IR&D team on system requirements
- Create working prototypes and proof of concepts to drive innovation
- Design and certify power and electrical circuits within SealingTech hardware
- Engage in all phases of new product introduction
- US Citizen
- 3-5 years of hands-on hardware R&D experience
- College Degree, in Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Hands on experience with embedded controllers
- Working knowledge of I2C and IPMI
- Proficient with machine level programming and microcontroller firmware
- Board level design and troubleshooting hands on experience: oscilloscope, voltage and current probes, DMM, thermal camera, and equivalent equipment.
- Experience working with server hardware, firmware, sub-systems
- Experience and knowledge of PCB design technologies; PCB layout techniques, electrical schematics, PCB fabrication, and assembly drawings is desired.
- Working knowledge of mechanical and thermal aspects of electrical systems
- Competent in CAD software tools
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Licensed Professional Engineer
- 5-7 years of hands on hardware R&D experience
- Ability to obtain a clearance
Working is no longer solely about the job. Here at Sealing Tech, we understand your happiness and health is vital to our success. We are innovative in our approach to cultivating balanced work environments and offer a plethora of added perks. Sealing Tech not only offers competitive compensation packages, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, and generous vacation policies. We also strive to be of service to those who have served our country and communities. Such as veteran support groups, outreach opportunities and transition plans. Other perks include monthly catered meals, a stocked kitchen, and company retreats and gatherings. Plus, flexible work arrangements, pet friendly offices and profit sharing with qualified employees. We are looking for a new member to join our team, take on challenges, be innovative and willing to grow with us.