SEC Pathway, Inc. is a Nonprofit Organization dedicated to restoring hope and success by providing financial, academic and professional development resources for youth aged K-12 and to adults between the ages of 18-65, in low-income and low resource households.
Summary of Position: “SECP’s” Fresh Start Program is for 11th and 12th grade high school students with a 0.0-3.2 GPA. We are looking for a Program Director to oversee the day-to-day operations and will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of the program. He/She will supervise advisors and program staff and inform management on progress and performance. This internship is unpaid, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution.
Program Director will:
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Develop or approve budgets and operations
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Supervise all program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
- Read reports prepared by managers to determine progress and issues
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Keep senior management informed with detailed and accurate reports or presentations
Supervisory Responsibilities: Some
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally. Must be able to sit for long periods.
Work Environment: This is a part-time (20-30 hr. /week) position open to applicants currently attending an Accredited University or College within Maryland, DC, and Virginia. The Program Director reports directly to the CEO. Travel throughout the city on a routine basis will be required to attend mandatory meetings with CEO, outreach and community events, and meetings with Partners and potential clients. Applicant must have access to a computer to be able to work remotely and/or provide own transportation to DC Headquarters. *Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the Organization is operating on both an in-person and remote teleworking schedule format at this time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods
- Excellent Knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Outstanding knowledge of data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Working knowledge of MS office and program management software (e.g. Basecamp, MS Project etc.)
- A business acumen with a strategic ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and supervision skills
- Commitment to collaborative work