SEC Pathway, Inc. is a Nonprofit Organization dedicated to restoring hope and success by providing financial, academic and professional development resources for youth aged K-12 and to adults between the ages of 18-65, in low-income and low resource households.
Summary of Position: As the Social Media Manager, you will create a social media strategy for the Organization and will research, plan, develop, curate and analyse content (stories, photographs, video) for SECP, mining from the best work of SECP Community engagements, working with agencies when appropriate and developing content for key campaigns and global moments. This position has a particular focus on SECP’s social media channels. In addition, you will provide practical editorial and some technical support for SECP digital content producers across the Partnership who use SECP platforms to communicate. He or she will assist the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Financial Manager, and Program Directors in overall administration and logistics of every day programming. The intern will perform work directly related to the general business operations of SEC Pathway, Inc. This internship is unpaid, but eligible for academic or course credit if approved by your educational institution.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own all branded social media channels (including building out new ones if/when they become relevant)
- Design and implement platform-specific marketing strategies that align with overall business goals (e.g., conversions, lead generation, awareness, etc.)
- Design and implement campaigns of varying scope on social channels (e.g., product launches, rebrands, awareness campaigns, contests, etc.)
- Measure, test and report on social strategies and campaigns using analytics tools
- Create and/or curate all social content, including text, image, and video
- Own and build out social media content publishing calendar
- Manage editing, approval, and scheduling of all posts for all platforms
- Plan and oversee all paid social campaigns, including partnerships with influencers
- Engage with brand followers and fans on social channels
- Conduct social media listening and social media monitoring using appropriate tools
- Stay informed about trends and tools in social media, marketing, technology and advertising
- Create and strengthen partnerships with other brands, social media companies, and influencers
- Create the company’s social media PR crisis policy
- Create the company social media policy
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds occasionally. Must be able to sit for long periods.
Work Environment: This is a part-time (20-30 hr. /week) position open to applicants currently attending an Accredited University or College within Maryland, DC, and Virginia. The Financial Analyst reports directly to the CEO. Travel throughout the city will be required to attend mandatory meetings such as outreach and community events, and meetings with Partners and potential clients. Applicant must have access to a computer to be able to work remotely and/or provide own transportation to D.C. Headquarters. *Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the Organization is operating on both an in-person and remote teleworking schedule format at this time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in spreadsheets, databases, MS Office and financial software applications
- Hands on experience with statistical analysis and statistical packages
- Outstanding presentation, reporting and communication skills
- Proven knowledge of financial forecasting and diagnosis, corporate finance and information analysis
- Well informed in current social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Yelp.
- Some Marketing skills preferred but not required.