Segal is recruiting Interns for the summer of 2021 in Boston, Washington DC, Hartford and Atlanta. This is a 10-12 week internship working full-time Monday through Friday. (If you prefer another location, we have additional summer intern opportunities in other offices.)
The Opportunities: Do you want to be challenged? Consider an internship with Segal where you can work on actual client deliverables and interesting assignments while enhancing your technical and interpersonal skills as you network and consider a career at Segal. An internship allows you an immediate opportunity to apply your analytical, problem-solving, technical and communication skills contributing to the development of solutions to challenging client issues.
The Role: You will work on a variety of projects in the retirement or health practice. Depending on the team, you will work on projects that may include client studies, data analyses, research, government filing, valuations, benefit calculations and ad-hoc projects.
- Pursuit of your undergraduate or graduate degree in Business, Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related discipline
- Actuarial exams: not required, but preferred
- Proficiency in MSOffice applications (specifically Excel and Word), programming knowledge helpful
- Strong time and project management skills
- Diligent attention to detail, organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication (verbal/written) and ability to take action and be proactive
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse audience as well as work independently with a strong work ethic