**Serco follows all CDC state and local COVID-19 recommendations. To accommodate, this internship will be 100% virtual and will not include any on-site visits to Serco locations.**
Serco’s Training and Experience Program (STEP) is designed to provide undergraduate university and college students paid accredited internship opportunities to gain meaningful, hands-on work experience in a professional environment. STEP emphasizes developing the workforce of the future. Our goal is to help you build a career roadmap that provides you with challenging and rewarding learning experiences with Serco.
Serco offers internship opportunities across the following three career tracks: Business, Technical, and Engineering. Our 2021 internship opportunities are available throughout the U.S. and Canada and begin on May 25th and conclude on August 13th, with 1 week off July 5th – 9th. You will work with your manager to identify the best working schedule for you – working no more than an average of 36 hours a week with the added perk of half-days on Fridays.
In addition to gaining hands-on experience, you will attend training sessions taught by skilled leaders in our company which provides training to better prepare you for a full-time career. These training sessions range from finance, personality in the workplace, presentation skills, resume building, and more. In addition, we believe great ideas come from all levels of the company! Because of that, each year we challenge our interns to work in diverse teams to develop, propose and execute on a project that improves our ways of working. Throughout this project you will work with Senior Sponsors and meet with members of our Executive Team.
Serco’s Corporate Price to Win Team (also called Position to Win) provides senior leadership and proposal teams competitive intelligence, financial analysis, and price target recommendations to position the company to win our highest priority opportunities. Your role on this team would be to support a range of ongoing and new initiatives including but not limited to collecting and analyzing competitive intelligence, assessing customer evaluation and contract award trends, analyzing Serco’s history of wins or losses to individual competitors, and developing competitor profiles. You will serve in a key role in an effort that has the potential to help Serco leadership and proposal teams make more informed decisions and win more business.
During your internship, you will gain exposure to the multiple departments in the company including Price to Win/Competitive Intelligence, Operations & Strategy, Contracts, Capture Management, and our Proposal Center.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Develop and organize a repository of contract competition debriefs from customers.
• Analyze the data in the customer debriefs to identify evaluation, award decision and competitor proposal trends.
• Work with the Price to Win Team to create ways to summarize, illustrate and effectively communicate these trends to stakeholders across the company.
• Conduct research and analysis to develop new competitor profiles and enhance existing profiles that are used across the company to promote more informed decision making.
• Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
• Preferred fields of study: Business or a related field of study.
• Ideal candidates are rising sophomore, juniors, seniors, or Spring 2021 graduates.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including some experience with Excel.
• Self-motivated with a strong work initiative and attention to detail.
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience collaborating in a team environment.
• Passion for learning with a wide degree of creativity and curiosity.