Share Our Strength is committed to access, equity, and justice, and we strongly encourage those identifying with historically marginalized groups to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate because of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood. Applications are considered holistically, focusing on knowledge, skills, and potential for success in our and for the communities we serve.
No Kid Hungry’s Center for Best Practices (CBP) is comprised of program, policy, and innovation experts committed to ending hunger in the US by providing information and resources to stakeholders, conducting programmatic and policy research and analysis, and testing promising ideas to identify emerging best practices. The CBP Education & Training Intern will support the No Kid Hungry campaign and its mission to end childhood hunger in the US by ensuring that our resources are current and reflect our commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI). The intern will have the opportunity to collaborate with other Share Our Strength staff who are also working to advance our EDI goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the Center for Best Practices team in interviewing and assisting with Equity story writing and editing for CBP newsletter.
- Ensure all CBP resources are current and on-brand, which may include updating logos and other information.
- Gather input from staff and partners on how the CBP website could be more easily navigated and user-friendly.
- Receive training on utilizing asset-based language, attend our DEI workshop series, and participate in other professional development opportunities as available in order to further learnings and advance equity and inclusion in our work.
- Assist on additional projects as needed.
- Enrollment in a higher-education program (degree-seeking).
- MS Office proficiency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills, including the ability to identify and work through challenges, underscored by strong judgment and emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on multi-step, detail-oriented projects in a fluid environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently.
- Website editing experience preferred.
- Demonstrated passion for anti-hunger and anti-poverty issues.
- Deep commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and interest in helping us advance equity and inclusion within and beyond the organization.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work together to find and implement solutions to end hunger and poverty in the U.S. and abroad. We each come to Share Our Strength with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing results. This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths, we are all working toward ensuring that every individual can live a healthy and productive life.