Civil Engineer Drainage and Hydraulics & Hydrology – Multiple Positions
SHELADIA Associates, Inc. is an award –winning, multi-disciplinary A&E firm with a reputation for excellence in Transportation Infrastructure, Civil, Energy, Rural Development, Structures and Facilities, and Water Resources & Sanitation. Founded in 1974, we provide professional services on a wide variety of projects at the local and state level as well as having a strong presence in the private sector throughout the Washington Metropolitan area.
We are currently seeking an energetic, highly motivated, detail-oriented, Civil Engineers for Drainage and H&H for our Rockville, MD office. All professional ranks will be considered for immediate employment. The successful applicant will join a highly successful and growing team of engineers and planners working with some of the area’s most advanced projects and will have the opportunity to develop engineering skills to their full extent in the development of Roadway, Transportation, Civil, SWM, Drainage and Land Development projects.
The successful candidate will complete evaluation and design of drainage, hydraulics and hydrology, and SWM projects from concept to detailed design stages. Successful candidates should be proficient in the utilization of most engineering theories and practices in the relevant field. The candidate will function as the civil engineer responsible for the preparation, organization and submission of drawings, reports, bid documents, and computations for relevant projects. They will adhere to quality control requirements, including QC checklists. Candidate should be motivated and be able to execute project tasks within budget and schedule and work collaboratively with other project staffs. The successful candidate must have good communication skills, a strong work ethic, good writing and organizational skills and a willingness to travel periodically to local project sites or assume some field assignments.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering is basic requirement. A master’s degree is preferred.
• Min. 5 years of related work experience
• Registered Professional Engineer in MD, DC and/ or VA preferred but not required
• Technical proficiency in the field of drainage, hydraulics and hydrology, SWM, site grading, erosion and sediment control, flood plain, and stream restoration projects
• Knowledge of industry requirements and MD, DC, and VA DOT’s standards.
• Proficiency with all or some of the following computer applications: HEC-HMS, HEC-RAS, HEC 1 & 2, ModFlow, TR-20, TR-50, HY-8, HydroCAD, FlowMaster, StormCAD, MicroStation V8, InRoads, Geopak, MS Office
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
SHELADIA Associates, Inc. offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package.
The salary for this full-time position is dependent on qualifications. Our benefits package includes health insurance, life and disability insurance, paid time off, and a retirement plan (401k) that is matched by the company.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like to be considered as a potential candidate for this position, please send a letter stating your interest and qualifications and resume.
Please send CVs to jobs @sheladia.com — Include “Civil Engineers” in the subject line.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we may not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Please respect our no phone calls policy.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Job Type: Full-time